CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

THE ESCAPE FROM HELL
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE ESCAPE FROM HELL✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

282 AC, King's Landing

After over six moons of not seeing anyone other than the now dead Maester, the two Silent Sisters she would never know the names of and the King; Alyssa would finally be allowed to return to court.

She never thought she would miss the endless gossip and rumours or being under every single nobles judgement every single second, but after being in her own company for moons she was desperate.

So when the Silent Sisters arrived that morning with a cherry red dress with black embroidery at the hems she was quick to put it on, not even complaining when they tightened the dress so hard she thought she would faint from air loss.

She brushed her own hair and allowed it to fall freely down her back, being slightly held back from her face by a golden headband. She took a look of herself in the mirror. Her skin looked paler than ever, a result of being inside for half a year combined with her northern blood. There was no sign of fat from childbirth, instead she looked thinner than usual.

But otherwise she supposed she looked the same as always. She gave herself a bright smile through the mirror and for a moment it looked so convincing that she almost believed herself to be happy for a second.

Alyssa walked over to Jaehaerys crib, she still wasn't a fan of the name but what could she do? He was sleeping peacefully so she just leaned down and placed a feather like kiss on his forehead. He wasn't allowed to leave these chambers, his existence wasn't even allowed to leave these chambers.

She exited the room, finding to masked guards standing outside that closed the door behind her when she exited. She walked down a short corridor until she reached a second smaller door. Alyssa stopped and threw a glance over her shoulder, a part of her wanted to turn back, but she knew she'd be able to do that later.

So she opened the door and walked down the spiral staircase. When she reached the bottom there was a third door that she opened to find herself in an abandoned corridor inside Maegor's Holdfast. She had never been in this particular hallway before but the decor and structure matched the rest of the Keep inside the Keep.

She walked until she reached the main corridor and quickened her steps when she finally recognised her surroundings. Alyssa immediately strode towards Lyrella and Daeryn's chambers, her skirts fluttering as she walked.

Posted outside stood Jaime Lannister whose eyes widened when he saw her approach, "Alyssa — I" he stuttered, looking like he was seeing a ghost.