CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE WINGED WOLF
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE WINGED WOLF✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

279 AC, Dragonstone

Alyssa's cries of pain rang through the stone halls of Dragonstone all the way to Rhaegar's study and with every new scream Rhaegar's heart clenched.

"You need to calm down" Arthur told him as he continued to pace around his solar. The Dayne knight wasn't wearing his Kingsguard armour, and neither was Oswell, instead he was wearing a simple purple tunic and black breeches.

"How can I calm down?" Rhaegar snapped, his normally calm persona gone in the moment, "I can hear her screams wherever I go. She is in pain — my wife is in pain and there is nothing I can do to stop it."

"Exactly" Arthur said, "There is nothing you can do to stop it. I know you hate it, but this is completely out of your hands Rhaegar."

"You are not calming me" Rhaegar told his friend while he continued pacing around the room, "It's to early. She is too young-"

"Have some faith in her" Oswell interrupted his ramblings.

"She isn't any girl" Arthur added, "She will survive this."

.•° ✿ °•.

Cramping, sharp, aching, throbbing, stabbing.

So many words to describe what she was feeling right now. Short after she had woken Rhaegar her water had broke and the pain had just increased after that.

Maester Marston and a midwife had arrived a few minutes later and had immediately forced Rhaegar out of the room, although the prince had protested at first. But once Alyssa had calmed him down he had left, but not before pressing a kiss against her forehead.

Elia, Ashara, Catelyn and Janna had arrived shortly after Rhaegar left, all dressed in morning robes having just woken up. Now they had spread out, Ashara and Janna taking one each of her hands while Elia dabbed her forehead with a rag and Catelyn tried to calm her.

Alyssa let out another scream when she felt yet another contraction, "If I survive this, I shall kill Rhaegar" she said between gritted teeth.

"You need to push, your highness" Maester Marston told her and Alyssa had to purse her lips together to not say something sarcastic. She did as she was told, like she had been doing for hours now. But there was still no babe in sight. "You have to push harder. Nothing is happening."