CHAPTER THIRTY

THE LION AND THE WOLF
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE LION AND THE WOLF✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

283 AC, King's Landing

"I have a feeling your brother doesn't quite like me," Jaime whispered as he and Alyssa danced their first dance. The feast had been in full swing for what felt like hours, Tywin had certainly not spared and expenses even though they just got out of a war.

"And what makes you think that?" Alyssa asked in fake obliviousness.

"For once, he hadn't stopped glaring at me since, well since the day he arrived in the city, he looked like he wanted to murder me in the Sept and he told me that he doesn't like me a few days ago," Jaime told her.

"If it makes you feel better, your sister absolutely loathes and has for years," Alyssa shrugged, searching the crowd for her brother, missing the dark look on Jaime's face at the mention of his sister.

Jaime spun her around before bringing her back to him again, a scolding his expression with a handsome smirk, "Our families hate each other and none of us truly wanted this marriage, how romantic. I'm sure the minstrels will write songs of our union."

"And history will remember how the wife that was cast away by the Last Dragon and the man who killed the Last Targaryen King got married so some old men could get rid of two problems at once," Alyssa said sardonically, causing both of them to chuckle.

The song ended and the crowd clapped and a few more couples joined them on the dance floor while Alyssa felt someone tap her on the shoulder and she turned around to see one of the last people she wanted to see.

"May I have this dance, Alyssa?" Robert asked with a small bow, offering her his hand. Alyssa had half a mind to turn him away, but instead she gave Jaime a small nod sense he looked reluctant to leave her and took the King's offered hand. "You look lovely tonight-"

"I know," Alyssa interrupted him, "You on the other hand look like shit," she said bluntly, taking in his appearance. His eyes were bloodshot from either ale or lack of sleep.

"I just lost my betrothed-"

"You barely knew Lyanna, Robert," Alyssa told him, "You need to move on. You are the King now, you have a duty to the Realm-"

"Your sister is dead," Robert narrowed his eyes at her, the hand that he had placed on her waist tightening in an almost painful way, "My betrothed whom I loved-"