CHAPTER NINE

THE DRAGON AND THE WOLF
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE DRAGON AND THE WOLF✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

King's Landing, 278 AC

Alyssa Stark wasn't what he had imagined.

The last couple of days the entire Keep had been bustling around to prepare the arrival of House Stark and more importantly their future Queen. His betrothal to Lady Alyssa had been announced shortly after he had been informed and had been met with both joy and anger.

It seemed like the reachmen and the dornishmen were in an agreement for once, both supporting his betrothal to the northern Lady. In fact, the only ones that seemed completely opposed to this was those loyal to House Lannister. He could still see the way Lord Tywin had pursed his lips in anger when he realised that his daughter's chances of becoming Queen was gone.

Rhaegar himself had spent the last few days nervously pacing around, something very uncommon for him. He had always prided himself at being calm and collected, but the idea of meeting his future wife was enough to make even the Dragon nervous.

His friends hadn't been to any comfort either. Arthur hadn't revealed anything about the northern lady, despite his many attempts of getting some information out of him. Oswell had only found amusement in this entire ordeal, laughing and joking about it. Meanwhile Jon had been in a terrible mood, snapping at both Arthur and Oswell constantly.

And now it was time for him to meet his future wife. The scouts had reported the northern party at the King's Road this morning and Ser Gerold had been sent to greet them upon their arrival and escort the Starks to the throne room.

He put on his mask of indifference as he stood beside his mother's chair, eyes on the double doors. The entire throne room was filled with lords and ladies, creating a crowd of different colours who all awaited the arrival of the mysterious northerners. To many of the people inside, meeting a northerner was something completely foreign. Some called them savages, others wildlings and some even said that they sacrificed their children to please the Old Gods.

Those were just rumours but he had no idea what to expect when the large double doors creaked open and Ser Gerold escorted three people into the room.

He hadn't known what to expect when his betrothed entered the Throne Room. A part of him had expected a child to enter, a young and short girl who clumsily made her way towards him.

Instead his eyes widened a fraction when they landed on his future wife. Alyssa Stark was a fairly tall woman, taller than most women at court, and looked older than he had expected. She was young, that was clear, but she carried herself in a way that made her look older than she was, her movements fluid and graceful as she made her way towards the throne.