CHAPTER SEVENTY

THE DRAGONS' RETURN
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE DRAGONS' RETURN✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

301 AC, Riverrun

"This is ridiculous," Alyssa sighed in exasperation, running a hand down her face, "He's been the perfect prisoner for two years."

They were planned to depart from Riverrun in two days time to meet up with the Unsullied army and Ser Barristan. Unfortunately the question about what they were going to do with Jaime had come up and there were some differences in opinion.

Alyssa knew that she was somewhat biased, but she didn't like the idea of leaving Jaime to the Tullys. She wouldn't put it past some of the riverlords to kill him and claim that he tried to escape.

She also knew that dragging him with them in a cage was unnecessary and stupid. So she had suggested that he'd be allowed to come with them as a somewhat free man. He would still be under strict guard at all times - but he wouldn't be forced to spend the rest of his life rotting in a cage.

Jaime would always be a Lannister, but despite his betrayals he hadn't anything since his imprisonment to harm anyone. He hadn't tried to escape even once, the worst thing he had done was annoy his guards.

"He is a Lannister," Jon Connington shot back in a tone that suggested that he believed that was enough reason to keep him locked up. "We are fighting a war against his son-"

"I'm not saying that we should force him into fighting this war," Alyssa argued, "But he is the heir to Casterly Rock and releasing him might help Rhaegar gain the support of the Westerlands when or if he takes the Iron Throne."

"Isn't your son also the heir to Casterly Rock?" Connington retorted with a glare.

"Aye, and he is more likely to support you if you don't keep his father as a prisoner," Alyssa smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Jaime Lannister is a traitor to House Targaryen," Jon sneered and out of the corner of her eye Alyssa saw massage his forehead, having been forced to  listen to them arguing. "He killed his King-"

"A Mad King!" Alyssa exclaimed, standing up to walk around. Rhaegar and Ashara were both seated around the small table inside the former's current chamber while Jon stood up, his hands leaned against it like he was prepared to jump over it and bite her head off.

Oswell and Arthur stood like loyal Kingsguards by the door, looking a little ridiculous without their white armour. They just looked like two normal men who pretended to be statues.