CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

THE STAG'S FURY
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE STAG'S FURY✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

301 AC, The Gift

A second after Bash released his arrow all hell broke loose. The soldier who fell limp to the ground let go of the leech in his hand, sending the bloodthirsty bloodhound on a hunt for humans.

But before they even could get close to the group Nyx and Shaggydog emerged from the trees. That scared the rest of the soldiers enough to release their own hounds.

As he ran towards the Bolton soldiers Bash released a new arrow, successfully killing another man before picking up his sword to fight them properly. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Joanna pulling Rickon over to hide behind some bushes while the wildling woman successfully killed another soldier.

An arrow flew past Bash, almost grazing the skin of his arm and he noticed that it was the only woman in the group who had fired at him. The young woman prepared to fire another arrow, as did the crazy man Bash had seen flay that man a few days prior.

He bent down to pick up a discarded shield, holding it in front of his body just as another arrow was released. He could see the point of the arrow sticking through the shield.

Bash continued to charge towards them, but it was difficult to focus on both of them when they circled him to attack from both sides. The woman loaded another arrow and Bash brought his shield up to block it.

"Bash, look out!"

At the sound of his sister's scream he turned around to see the Bolton Bastard ready to shoot him. He barely had time to block the shot and when his focus was solely on him the girl was about to take her chance and shoot him in the back.

But before that was possible an arrow flew though the air, piercing the woman through her hand, causing her to let out a pained scream as she dropped her bow. Out of his peripheral vision Bash saw Joanna lower her bow, a guilty expression on her gentle features.

Bash felt pride bloom in chest but he quickly had to go back to the battle. He noticed the wildling woman walk over to finish the young woman off, allowing to focus completely on the Bolton Bastard who fired against him again.

Bash brought up the shield to protect himself again, and again, and again until he was close enough to the Bolton Bastard to knock him down with the shield.

But he didn't stop there. When he was lying on the ground Bash crouched down and started to land punch after punch against his face. He remembered the poor man that had been flayed and imagined all the other people that had been victims to this sadistic man.