CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

THE GOLDEN WEDDING
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE GOLDEN WEDDING✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

283 AC, King's Landing

Alyssa had never seen herself as a violent or vengeful person. Sure, she enjoyed Water Dancing and swordfighting, but she didn't enjoy because she liked injuring other people. And she didn't see things as revenge, but justice.

But in the moment she wanted to kill almost half the people in the room.

Two days after Alyssa's conversation with Robert she had been called back to the Small Council chambers for the negotiations she had demanded. Only this time Tywin Lannister had joined them accompanied by Jaime and Pycelle while Robert had demanded for Jon Arryn to be there.

And just looking at Tywin Lannister made her wolfblood boil over, knowing that he was the reason her children were dead. She just got angrier and angrier by looking at his cold and emotionless expression, not even sparing her a second glance.

But she restrained herself, for in the moment she needed for her head to stay sharp. Alyssa was seated on one end of the table and across from her sat Robert with Lord Tywin and Jaime on his left and Jon Arryn and Pycelle on his right.

Five against one. Wonderful.

"Now, the Lady Alyssa has accepted your marriage proposal-" Jon Arryn, who was there mostly as a mediator, started to say when Alyssa interrupted him.

"I've agreed to negotiate on the terms of my possible marriage," she stated, "If I don't feel like my — requests are being fulfilled, I won't agree to any marriage."

The three oldest men in the room looked annoyed by her interruption while both Robert and Jaime looked mildly amused.

"Firstly, I need to know that Ser Jaime agrees to this match as I find very unfair for me to lay down demands if he does not wish for this union to happen," Alyssa said, her eyes landing on Jaime who looked shocked by her words and shifted a little when everybody's attention turned to him.

His cat green eyes looked at her for a few seconds before shifting to his father whose expression didn't change slightly at his son's nervous glance, "Considering all that has happened in the past year, I find this union to be preferable."

Alyssa was unconvinced, but at least he didn't find their possible marriage so terrible that he would risk his father's anger. That was good, she supposed.

"Well, my next demand is that House Stark won't have to pay a dowry to House Lannister for this union," she stated.

"It is a custom for the bride's family to pay her dowry-" Pycelle stated and like always the only thing he contributed to the conversation was facts about how people always had done.