CHAPTER EIGHTY-FIVE

THE QUEEN'S CONDITIONS
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE QUEEN'S CONDITIONS ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

303 AC, Stark-Targaryen Camp, Crownlands

Long Live the Queen!

Long Live Queen Alyssa!

Long Live the Wolf Queen!

Those words repeated in her head over and over again during the hours that followed her speech to the men and lords from the Stormlands. It made it impossible for her to think of anything else.

It definitely wasn't the first time someone had called her a Queen, despite her best efforts to get people to realise that she wasn't one. However, it was the first time she had seen such a large crowd bow down to her and calling her their Queen.

Sure, they shouted Rhaegar's name too. But most of the men had been looking at her, bowing to her and called her name. That was far more overwhelming than a few soldiers or lords addressing her as 'Your Grace' half the time.

It made her wonder what would happen if she decided that she didn't want to get crowned Queen of the Seven Kingdoms. Because it seemed like a lot of people only supported Rhaegar because they wanted her beside him.

She hated to admit it, but the Stark blood that ran through Lyrella and Daeryn's veins weren't enough for the northerners to accept them without her being there. And while they liked Jon a lot more, he had absolutely no interest in southern politics.

With the Starks came the Tullys who together made up a large part of their army. The Martells would probably support the Targaryens even if she didn't decide to become Queen since Elia practically raised the future King.

The Tyrells would bend the knee when they realised they had lost, so they would not be a problem for the Targaryens and neither would Lysa Arryn who had stayed out of the war. Alyssa had finally gotten word from Catelyn who had decided to stay with Sansa in the Vale until the war was over. She had requested Arya be sent there but Alyssa had refused since the travel east would be far more dangerous than Arya staying in the camp with them.

The Iron Islands were in chaos at the moment. Alyssa was not certain what was happening but she knew that Balon Greyjoy had been killed and now there was a struggle for the power between Yara Greyjoy and Euron Greyjoy, Theon's uncle. But like the Greyjoy's Rebellion had shown them, the joint forces of the rest of the kingdoms would easily subdue them.

That left the Westerlands and the Stormlands. As it appeared right now, the stormlords wouldn't just bow down to a Targaryen without her there. Robert had been one of their own and the dragons represented everything they hated.