CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

THE STORM BEFORE THE REAL STORM
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE STORM BEFORE THE REAL STORM✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

298 AC, King's Landing

Alyssa had grown far too accustomed to the feeling of betrayal in her lifetime.

Rhaegar had left her for her own sister. When she had still been a young girl her own husband committed the ultimate betrayal and it had broken her.

While Jaime hadn't betrayed her like that this still made her feel both betrayed and angry. Sure, it was completely wrong of Catelyn to take Tyrion, but that did not give Jaime the right to attack her brother and slaughter his men.

They had not deserved to die because of Catelyn's sins. Jory was almost like an uncle to her children and she was forced to tell them that he was killed by their father's hand.

When Alyssa arrived back to the Red Keep with an unconscious Ned she had to tell her sons what had happened. How Catelyn had kidnapped Tyrion and how Jaime had attacked Ned in vengeance.

It had shocked them greatly because while the Starks and Lannisters had been at odds for years they had never been affected. This was the first time they had been caught in the crossfire between their families.

Alyssa had barely left her brother's bedside since he fell unconscious. The last thing they had done was fight and the guilt for yelling at him was heavy on her heart.

Unfortunately, when Ned finally woke up she was not alone in the room. Both Cersei and Robert had decided to pay Ned a visit and if she had been in her brother's position she would have rather never woken up than to open her eyes to be faced with the royal pair.

"Ned," Alyssa let out a sigh of relief when her brother's eyes fluttered open, leaning over to place a kiss on his forehead.

Ned gave her a weak smile before his eyes landed on Robert, "Your pardon, your grace," he said, "I would rise but-"

"Do you know what your wife has done?" Cersei asked with contempt lacing her every word.

"She did nothing I did not command," Ned immediately took on the blame for his wife's actions.

"Who would have thought she had it in her?" Robert said, actually looking a little impressed.

"By what right dare you lay hands on my blood?" Cersei snarled.

"Oh, please, Cersei," Alyssa scoffed, "You have never cared about Tyrion so don't pretend to be a grieving sister."

"I am the King's Hand, charged with keeping the peace-" Ned tried to say but Cersei cut him off.