CHAPTER EIGHT

THE ROYAL BETROTHAL
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE ROYAL BETROTHAL ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

278 AC, Winterfell

Swords clashed together as Alyssa and Brandon circled around each other in a deathly dance. The ground was covered in a thin layer of snow that crunched under their feet as they circled one another.

Brandon lunged forward, bringing his sword down with a great force but Alyssa quickly twirled away, avoiding him. She twirled her own sword in her hand, her wrist the only thing moving as she smirked at her older brother.

Lyanna and Benjen stood a few meters away, watching them with excitement. Their shouts of encouragement and cheering could be heard over the clangs as metal met metal.

"Tired?" Alyssa smirked when Brandon sucked in a deep breath. His moves took a great deal of energy while she danced around him without breaking a sweat.

"Don't get to cocky little sister" Brandon smirked back. He swung against her but she quickly did a backflip to avoid him and swung against him instead.

The dance continued, both of them swinging against the other and protecting themselves from the other one's sharp blade. Their ways of fighting were about as different as they could get. Brandon relied on his strength and height, he was tall and heavily muscled which gave him an advantage against many people. Meanwhile Alyssa was quick and smooth, she wasn't small but she could never compete with him in strength and after years of practicing her curtsies and dancing she was both graceful and smooth.

Brandon gained the upper hand and managed to punch her in the side. Alyssa crouched down, letting out a loud groan of pain, her brown hair covering her face from her siblings' view. Brandon, who had smirked in victory, quickly became worried and his eyes filled with guilt.

"I'm sorry Alys, I didn't think-" Brandon started to apologise while walking forward and before he could realise what was happening Alyssa spun around him and jumped up on his back and placed her sword by his throat.

"Aaaand dead" Alyssa grinned in victory. She couldn't see it clearly, because she was on his back, but Brandon's face was one of complete bewilderment.

"You cheated" Brandon accused her while Lyanna and Benjen laughed at him. Turning his head around he sent her a glare, both of them sharing the trait of being a bad loser.

"I did not" Alyssa exclaimed in mock offence. "I simply knew my opponents weaknesses and took advantage off it. You still treat me like a fragile little girl and I would be a fool not to use it against you."

Brandon opened his mouth to response but quickly closed it again. "Let's just head back" Brandon grumbled, sheating his sword with her still clinging to his back like a child. "Good match Alys" he then said sending her a smile. Even if it hurt his ego, he would always want to make her sister happy so he couldn't be too upset for losing against her.