CHAPTER NINETY-FOUR

THE WOLVES OF WINTERFELL
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE WOLVES OF WINTERFELL✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

304 AC, Winterfell

Alyssa missed Rhaegar.

She couldn't understand why. She had gone almost two decades without seeing him and she had been fine. A few moons apart shouldn't be a problem. But then again, during the years Rhaegar had been in exile she had thought of him.

Alyssa would never have admitted it to anyone but she thought about him frequently. Although during those years her memories had been plagued by anger and betrayal; now she just missed his presence.

"Mama."

Alyssa's head snapped in the direction of the door and she found Lucy peeking into the room, body hidden behind the door. "Can we talk?"

"Of course, love," Alyssa jumped down from the window-frame where she had been seated, watching the snow fall.

Sitting down on her fur-covered bed, Alyssa motioned for her daughter to join her. "What's on your heart?"

"I just wanted to talk," Lucy told her, leaning against her mother's arm. "Being so far away from everyone for such a long time was difficult."

"I understand," Alyssa told her daughter. "In a way, you experienced a rather unusual fostering. And it's never easy to leave your family to live with someone else's. But instead of the flower and water gardens I got to see when I was fostered, you got to see the Lands of Always Winter."

Lucy giggled a little at that. "It was not that bad," she admitted. "I had Bran - and Jojen and Meera. Not to mention Hodor. And Summer and Visenya."

"I'm happy that you had people who cared about you close during your journey," Alyssa told her. Then she couldn't stop a teasing smile from appearing on her face, "I have heard quite a lot about this Jojen Reed lately. Is there anything I should know?"

"What do you mean?" Lucy frowned in confusion.

Alyssa wasn't sure how she was supposed to interrogate her daughter about a boy. "Do you like him?"

"Of course I like him. He may be infuriating and annoying - but he is my friend," Lucy told her and Alyssa fought hard to not allow a wide grin break out on her face. While she was nowhere near ready to let her daughter anywhere near a man, she found this quite adorable.