CHAPTER ONE

THE BIRTH OF A QUEEN
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE BIRTH OF A QUEEN ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

264 AC, Winterfell

The Godswood of Winterfell was probably the calmest place in the entire castle. The three acres of forest so quiet in comparison to the bustle inside the keep. The rustling of the leaves when the wind blew and the cawing of the crows hidden by the three tops was the only thing Lyarra Stark could hear as she walked through the empty forest. She saw the hard black wood of the Ironwood trees and the evergreen coniferous' of the Sentinels among other trees on her way to the Weirwood tree.

As the daughter of two northerners Lyarra had always felt at home in the Godswood. Her father had been Rodrik Stark, also known as the Wandering Wolf, and her mother was Arya Flint. She was a descendant of the Kings of Winter and she had the blood of the First Men running through her veins. So like numerous of her ancestors she was walking through the Godswood to pray.

At the age of nine and ten she had wed her first cousin once removed, Rickard Stark, that after his father's death had been declared Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North. Two years into their marriage they had welcomed their first child and heir, Brandon.

The pregnancy had been hard on Lyarra, like it often was with a woman's first child. But the birth itself had been easy and it didn't take long before she could present her husband with a healthy son. Brandon was a rather large baby with dark brown hair and icy blue eyes. Lyarra had no doubt that he would grow up to become a handsome man that would break many hearts.

Lyarra loved Brandon with all her heart but she was absolutely delighted when they one and a half year later could welcome a second son into the world. Eddard's birth had been easier than Brandon's and he was easier to handle as baby as well. Whereas her eldest had been a loud child that showed stubbornness even as a baby, Eddard was a quiet baby who didn't make much fuss.

Off their two sons, Brandon was more similar to Lyarra in appearance. He had inherited her deep brunette hair that almost looked black in some lights. He also gotten her blue eyes instead of the steely grey eyes that the members of House Stark were famous for. Eddard on the other hand would grow up to be a copy of his father. He had inherited the lighter shade of brown hair from her husband as well as his dark grey eyes.

Lyarra loved her two boys, Brandon who would soon reach his fourth name day and Eddard who had just turned two. And now she was in the end of her third pregnancy and that was the reason to her visit of the Godswood. She had provided her husband with a heir to the North and a spare, if the Old Gods forbid something would happen to Brandon. Now she wished for a daughter.