CHAPTER FIFTY

THE ESCAPE FROM HELL
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE ESCAPE FROM HELL✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

298 AC, King's Landing

Alyssa looked around her now empty bedchamber. All of her most important things had been packed and loaded into a carriage. The only thing that remaining was some Lannister curtains that she honestly considered lighting on fire.

She couldn't wait to get out of this place. The only thing that spoiled her happiness over leaving this hellhole was that she was forced to leave Sansa behind. She had tried to convince Joffrey that Sansa was better of with her - she truly had. But it was to no avail. That boy had yet to learn what was good for him.

Sansa would remain a prisoner in King's Landing just like Jaime would remain Robb's prisoner. The news of her husbands defeat and capture had reached the Red Keep a few days ago and Alyssa had no idea how she was supposed to react.

Due to her current anger towards Jaime her first reaction had been pride. From what she had heard Robb had managed to trick the Lannister army and it had resulted in a clear defeat during the Battle of the Whispering Woods.

Alyssa's sword had been packed in one of the coffins, she couldn't risk Cersei taking it. But the moment they were out of the city she would unpack it. The last thing she did was put on her red leather jack over her white tunic and then she exited her chambers. There was not a part of her that would miss this hellhole.

"Mama," Edmund called out and ran over to catch up with her, "It's time to leave. Ashton is already waiting by the horses."

"We can't keep your brother waiting then, can we," Alyssa said and the two made their way towards the courtyard.

But before they could reach the courtyard a familiar slimy voice stopped them and a figure walked out of the shadows, "Are you leaving us so soon, My Lady?" Littlefinger said, "I did not think our new King would be so keen on letting you all leave."

"I know my presence will be missed here but I fear that I can't assure everyone else's safety should I stay," Alyssa said with an overly sweet smile.

"I suppose this city carries many difficult memories for you," Littlefinger said with too much sympathy, "Please accept my condolences over the death of your brother. A traitor he might have been-"

"Edmund, get down to the courtyard," Alyssa ordered her son, feeling her wolfblood boil up inside her, "I will be with you shortly."

"Are you sure?" Edmund asked, also glaring at Littlefinger.

"Of course, love," Alyssa turned to him, sending him a reassuring smile, "I just have something to I need to say to Lord Baelish."

Edmund nodded and walked away, leaving Alyssa alone with the man who betrayed her brother and tricked Catelyn into kidnapping Tyrion.