CHAPTER FOUR

THE SHE-WOLF AMONGST ROSES
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE SHE-WOLF AMONGST ROSES✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

274 AC, Highgarden

After more than a moon on the road, Alyssa was ready to kill herself or someone else out of boredom. Riding in a carriage meant that she missed out seeing the landscape, they had already passed the Riverlands and was now in the Reach. The carriage was bumby, uncomfortable and hot, and it didn't help that Alise was lecturing her on how to behave.

This morning she had been forced into a more formal dress. It was a woollen dress that was too hot for the southern weather, but it was thinner than many of her other dresses so it was probably too thin for the northern weather. The dress itself was Stark-grey with direwolves embroidered into the hems of the dress with a white thread. It was a simple dress, yet it showed her northern heritage. Her dark brown her fell down her back in curly waves, she hadn't worn her hair in braids or any hairstyle since the death of her mother.

"We're here" Alise told her and it brought Alyssa out of her own thoughts and back to reality. Her fingers kept flexing against her leg and she closed her eyes for a second to calm her nerves. She was a Wolf of Winterfell and a daughter of the North, she wouldn't allow any southerner to make her feel bad about herself.

The carriage stopped and Alise started to fuss about her hair and dress but much to Alyssa's delight the door to the carriage opened and sun streamed in. Alyssa stood up and took the hand that one of her guards offered her. "My Lady" he gave her a small and encouraging smile which she returned. The sun almost blinded her when she stepped out and it took a moment for her to regain her proper sight. When she did she saw the Tyrells standing a few meters away with what she guessed was a part of their household.

Before looking at the Tyrells properly she let her gaze fall on the castle instead. Highgarden was build of white stone and different bushes and flowers could be seen everywhere. The golden roses were everywhere and the smell of roses and other flowers invaded her nose.

She allowed her gaze to fall back to the Tyrells. The first one she saw was a young man, he was rather handsome with curly brown hair and light brown eyes. He looked powerful and Alyssa guessed that he was the Lord of Highgarden, Mace Tyrell, who only recently taken over after his father's death.

Next to him stood a woman, looking to be one or two years younger than Mace Tyrell. She was tall and dignified woman with long blonde hair and hazel eyes. She was holding the hand of a young boy so Alyssa assumed she was Alerie Hightower, the Lady of Highgarden and a relative of Maester Walys. The boy whose hand she was holding couldn't have been older than two name days. His hair was dark and curly like his father's and his hazel eyes looked at Alyssa with curiosity.