CHAPTER SEVENTY-NINE

THE CHILDREN OF ICE AND FIRE
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE CHILDREN OF ICE AND FIRE✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

303 AC, Great Weirwood Tree, Beyond the Wall

Lucelia played with the direwolf locket that hung around her neck. It was a necklace her uncle had gifted her on her first nameday and Joanna had received a similar one. The only difference between the two was that the direwolf on Lucy's locket had an emerald as an eye while the one on Joanna's had a sapphire.

Apparently their mother had relieved a similar one from her mother on her first nameday and she never took it off. But then, during Robert's Rebellion, she gave it to Prince Viserys when he left for Dragonstone.

"You miss your family," Jojen noted, sitting on a few roots in front of her. Meera and Hodor were also somewhere inside the cave Bran was deep in a vision.

"Of course I do," Lucelia rolled her emerald eyes. "Don't you miss your family?"

"Yes, I do," Jojen admitted. "But I have Meera, just like you have Bran."

"But you miss your parents," Lucy said, her eyes sharp as she scrutinised the boy in front of her. "I mean, even though you sometimes talk like you are older than my grandfather, and that says a lot, you are still just a child."

"Thank you for the grandfather comment," Jojen snorted, actually showing a smile for once. "And I miss my mother and father a lot. But sometimes I can visit them in my visions and make sure that they are okay. That helps a little."

"I'm sure it helps," Lucy said, wishing that she'd be able to see her own family. It would be so wonderful to see Joanna, her mother, father, brothers or anyone else in her family again; even if it was just in a dream.

Then a thought hit her. Bran had only received the gift of greenseeing when he fell from that tower. But they had all been able to warg into animals without something like that happening - so how did Jojen receive his gift?

"I can't believe I haven't asked you this before," Lucy said, "but how did you become a greenseer?"

"I'm not actually a greenseer," Jojen chuckled, earning a glare from Lucy who too it as him laughing at her. Jojen definitely noticed this because he scolded his expression, "When I was six years old I nearly died from greywater fever. I was close to living this world when the three-eyed-raven visited me in my dreams, and he gave me the gift of greensight."

"So you have greensight but you are not a greenseer?" Lucy asked confusedly, "That seems perfectly logical."

"I have greendreams but unlike you I cannot warg into animals," Jojen explained, "Therefor I'm not a greenseer like your cousin."