CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE

THE ARMY OF PETTY CHILDREN
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE ARMY OF PETTY CHILDREN ✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

301 AC, Stark-Targaryen Camp, Riverlands

"I never thought I would see the day dragons returned to Westeros," Greatjon grumbled, looking cautiously up in the sky where one of the dragons that arrived the previous day was flying.

The sun had just risen over the camp, illuminating the sky in an orange colour. Most people were still asleep but Alyssa had woken up a while ago and Greatjon was always up early as long as he hadn't had too much to drink the previous day.

"Just think of them as large birds that breath fire," Alyssa snorted, not knowing what to think of the winged creatures. The closest she had gotten to them was when one of them almost knocked her over the day before. "After a lion and all the direwolves I thought you were used to all the strange creatures."

"I prefer the ones that don't fly," Greatjon muttered as the two passed at least ten Unsullied warriors that marched in a perfect formation, spears in hand. "A cockless army."

"I'm sure that what they lack down there they will make up for in skill," Alyssa said pointedly, "We don't need them to fuck, we need them to fight."

"And when we are done fighting?" Greatjon asked, "What happens to the nine thousand cockless men?"

"That is a royal problem, not an Alyssa problem," Alyssa shrugged, "But don't worry. I think that the North is the absolute last place anyone from Essos would want to live."

"Does that mean that you won't acknowledge that you are the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms?" Greatjon asked her casually.

Alyssa's head snapped towards him, "Not you too."

"The only reason we chose to support the silvery shit as our King is because we accepted you as our Queen," Greatjon told her.

"I'm still weighing my options here," Alyssa muttered, "I don't even know if I have two, one or no husband. All I know is that I have like a hundred children to think about. And this is not what I called for you to talk about."

"What did you want to talk about?" Greatjon dropped the subject.

"I don't trust a lot of people. To be quite honest the only people in the world that I actually trusted with everything was Ned, Brandon and Benjen. Because I knew that there weren't anyone in the world they would betray me for," Alyssa said, "But they are not here and I'm in the need of some - help."