CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

THE TRIAL
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE TRIAL✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

282 AC, King's Landing

A million thoughts swirled around Alyssa's head but two words stood out.

Abducted

Arrested

She may be at odds with Rhaegar right now but he wasn't a person who would kidnap someone for his own gain. Lyanna must be in on it as well, that was the only explanation. Or was it?

But the thoughts of her husband and sister quickly disappeared and was replaced by a deep worry for her brother instead. Her idiot brother.

"What?" Alyssa said, her head feeling a little fuzzy. She couldn't really comprehend the reality of the situation.

Jaime placed his hand carefully against her back and she guessed she had swayed a little on the ledge, so he feared she would fall down.

"Apparently Rhaegar rode to Riverrun where he allegedly kidnapped your sister" Ashara explained, "and when your brother heard the news he rode he to King's Landing, entering the Red Keep while shouting for Rhaegar to 'come out and die'."

Alyssa felt herself grow even more panicked and her breathing shorten and her throat tighten. Her heart was pounding hard in her chest and her hands were trembling.

She jumped of the ledge but felt suddenly lightheaded and the nausea take over. She would definitely have fallen to the floor if Jaime hadn't grabbed onto her shoulders.

"Alyssa" Jaime said trying to bring her back to reality, "Alyssa, listen to me. You don't know exactly what has happened. But you won't be to any help if you're unconscious, so breathe."

Jaime started to do some over exaggerated breathing for her to follow until her head started to clear up, "How — how did I miss all this?"

"The news of the abduction just reached the Keep" Ashara explained, a worried look in her purple eyes, "And Brandon was just taken to the black cells."

Her blood ran cold again. The black cells were reserved for the most dangerous and vile prisoners, not for her slightly hotheaded brother.

And that thought knocked her out of her daze completely. She ripped herself out of Jaime's grasp and started to walk back towards the Keep quickly.