CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

THE KINGSWOOD BROTHERHOOD
✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE KINGSWOOD BROTHERHOOD✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

281 AC, The Kingswood

"Look out" Ser Gerold shouted and the next second his body knocked into hers and threw her off her horse as an arrow soared past her head.

She groaned in pain as she hit the ground with Ser Gerold half on top of her, his armour digging into her side, making it feel like she was going to be crushed between him and the ground.

But then the Kingsguard stood up and quickly drew his sword and Alyssa looked up to see that all her guards had done the same as new figures emerged from behind the trees. They were clad in mismatched armours and rags, looking more like peasants than warriors.

"Stay down, princess" Gerold told her and the next second his sword clashed against that of a bandit and in three seconds his sword had pierced the other man's chest.

Alyssa watched in horror as the masked man clutched his chest and fell to the ground, blood pouring out of him like a goblet of wine that had been knocked over.

She stood up, looking around here were Targaryen guards were fighting against the bandits and then she heard some kind of war cry while and saw a man running towards her with a sword so she jumped to the side and the man charged past her.

"Princess, you need to get out of hereeeeeee-" Ser Gerold tried to tell her but he stopped when an arrow pierced through his hand and he cried out in pain.

"Ser Gerold" Alyssa said worriedly but the next second someone grabbed her by the waist from behind and she let out a scream of surprise, "Let go of me!" she struggled to get free but the person who held her captured placed a blade against her throat, threatening to draw blood.

"Easy there, princess" a slimy voice whispered into her ear and she shivered in disgust. She had to fight herself from struggling while the small battle continued around her when another man moved towards her.

He was a stooped man with a cloak that covered most of his body, a poach of arrows hanging on his back and a bow hanging on one of his shoulders. "The Dragon Prince's wife, Simon will be pleased."

Alyssa bit her tongue to not say anything stupid, glaring at the man instead. "Did the cat take your tongue, wolf girl? Don't you have anything to say? A cry for help? For you white knight to come and rescue you."

Alyssa just gave him her best glare, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of speaking. "Such a pretty necklace" the man then said, "Don't you think so, Colum?"

"Yes, Ulmer, almost prettier than the girl" the man who was holding her squeezed her waist tighter while the flat side of the blade grazed her throat dangerously.