Chapter 8

A/N: So I really hope you guys are enjoying the story now. Thanks for the support/reads!

"And here is where we bake the cookies. We bake a fresh batch three times daily. Usually they sell pretty fast." Matthew explains as he shows me around the kitchen area of the cafe.

Today I sprang out of bed to meet him here. I am utterly happy about getting a job, and Matthew is being so nice and helpful. He's like a total stranger, but is so kind he wants to help me. The job looks like fun, and it is so simple too.

"So, what do you think? Easy enough?" Matthew steps in front of me at the end of the tour.

"It seems really great. I would love to work here Matthew." I tell him and mean it.

Matthew smiles enthusiastically. "That's wonderful! You can start tomorrow and open the cafe with me. Around nine?"

I nod and thank him again for the opportunity. We say our goodbyes and I walk out, with a jump in my step.

"I can't believe it!" I exclaim to myself as I stroll down the sidewalk. It's finally happening.

As I go for a stroll in the streets of Hampstead, I start to reflect on how things are turning around. I came here broken, with nothing, and now I'm slowly climbing back up the ladder to my full potential. I have a job, the next thing is college. My parents did not believe me, but I knew I could do this. This move proves a major step into adulthood.

My thoughts get interrupted when I hear my phone buzz. I pull it out of my purse and find a message from Harry that reads:

When are we meeting again, love?  H.

I quietly laugh as I walk when I think to reply this:

In your dreams, Styles.

Instantly, my phone buzzes with his answer:

We already met there last night. I think it's time we meet again, in person.

I sigh and stop walking at his cheesy comment. I don't know what to think of Harry. He is really sweet and handsome, but I really don't know what he's thinking is going to become of the two of us.

Maybe those aren't even Harry's intentions. Weirdly though, I find myself, since the last time Harry and I saw each other yesterday, to be thinking about him, kind of wanting to text him, but he is a celebrity. What would he really want with me? I'm nothing special. I'm probably just overreacting, as usual.

I look up from my phone and realize I have been absentmindedly walking the wrong way, and have taken the short distance from the cafe to the street of Harry's apartment building, instead of my flat. The two are kind of close. I decide to turn around and head the other way to my flat when suddenly, my phone rings again with a message from Harry:

You look rather stunning today.

I freeze dead in my tracks. He can see me? Where? Then it hits me. Slowly, I look up and notice a figure standing in what looks like his window looking down at me. I know it's him.

Creep.

Come up please? He texts.

Okay I'll come up.

I enter the tall building. I figure I can use this time to think of ways and get clues to get back at him for taking my phone and looking through it. I'll have to be sneaky. Sure, I'm a little anxious to see him again. I am really nervous too, because just his presence makes me feel that way. He is way nicer when he isn't drunk though. Plus now, I am feeling a bit more comfortable with him because he was very sweet when we talked at breakfast yesterday. It was like he actually cared for what I had to say, and it made me feel great.