Chapter 10

My alarm buzzes just once, and I wake up with a huge grin and all the excitement inside me is ready to spill out. I am so thrilled about this opportunity. I can't wait to be there.

Even though it's just a small job, it means much more to me because of all I've been through to get here. I can't believe how lucky I was to get this from Matthew. He could have chosen anyone, yet it was me. And all I was doing that day was getting a coffee.

I'm also anxious for seeing Harry today, but I need to take one thing at a time. The phone call from yesterday replays in my mind as I get up from my bed and go to the bathroom to wash my face. His laughter and charm, my cousins opinions, and Niall's comment taunt me. I walk to my closet to pick out something casual to wear. I get out some plain skinny jeans and my favorite striped shirt. After all, I'll be wearing an apron the whole time, so I don't need to look too fancy. I slip on my converse and head back to the bathroom and put on a little makeup.

My cousins always told me I should put more effort on my daily makeup, and for today I would listen. I may not need to look fancy but I still want to look presentable. I put on some eye shadow, eyeliner and mascara, then I apply a tad of blush. I've always had natural pink cheeks so I never put any on. Then with a swipe of some lip gloss, I am done. I quickly straighten my hair and then I'm finally ready.

Since I have dance today after work, I get out a small bag to put some clothes to change into. I stuff some dance shorts and a tank top into the bag, along with my ballet and hip-hop shoes. I then grab my phone and purse, and begin on my way through the short distance to work. I miss working since back in California. I loved it so much. Working was just a way to keep busy, which is one of my favorite things to be.

As I walk down the sidewalk nearing the cafe, I see that Matthew is standing in front of the door waiting for me. I come up to him and he smiles happily at me. His blue eyes seem to sparkle as they look right into mine.

"Good morning! Wow, right on time I see. Ready to work?" He greets as he unlocks the doors.

"I'm ready!" I reply as we enter. I look around the cafe and smile. It's a little small, but it feels just like home when you enter it.

"Alright then, first, I will need you to straighten out the tables and chairs. Then I will need you to organize a few things back here in the kitchen. I'm going to start baking some of the pastries and getting coffees ready. We open in 30 minutes. If you need me, call me." He orders politely.

"I will. Thank you again, Matthew. I really appreciate all of this." I turn to
him and he smiles down at me.

"Not a problem. Let's get to work!" He cheers as he heads over to the kitchen.

I love how enthusiastic he is about this job, and it makes me feel the same.

Matthew rushes back out and hands me an apron before disappearing back into the kitchen.

My own apron, it makes this more official! I put on the apron and head to the dining tables and begin cleaning and fixing them up. I push in chairs and straighten out the tables.

One of the things that make me kind of weird is that I love to clean stuff. Cleaning helps me feel organized and a little calm. I'm just a little OCD about it I guess.

No matter what, all I can think of right now is Harry. I am so curious to know what he wants to do tonight, especially after the talk with Jen and Hayley yesterday. I have decided that I'm going to tell Harry about being friends today, and see how he will react to it. Telling him is one thing I'm not sure how to do yet. I just figure it will be the best choice for him, and for me. Harry will probably agree to being friends, right? Why wouldn't he? That's probably what he already thinks anyway. I'm always overreacting to nothing.