Chapter 12

Rachel's POV

I walk over to my bathroom to check how I look one more time. This isn't me, constantly wondering how I look. I've changed a lot in what seems like just a few days. Maybe the change isn't so bad? It's not a major change. Just, you know, working at a cafe and being friends with an incredibly hot guy who happens to be hugely famous and I've been dressing in short skirts that are barely down my thigh.

Maybe it was a bigger change than I thought...

I straighten out the tiny skirt I'm wearing and stare into the mirror. I think I look pretty good, and the credit goes to Hayley and Jen.

I haven't felt this nervous in a really long time. This is just going out with one of your friends, not big deal, is what I keep reminding myself.

But it's not just one of my friends, it's Harry. Harry, whose been on my mind constantly since I met him, who may or may not have feelings for me, who is so kind and sweet, yet stubborn, mysterious, and protective. He's made me feel better about myself somehow, and I love it. I've never been so confused about anything in my life.

Suddenly the door bell rings, interrupting my thoughts. I feel my stomach turn into knots. It's time.

Exiting my bathroom, I run to grab my purse and leave my room. I'm extremely glad to see my cousins haven't answered the door, but they're standing right next to it, waiting for me. The look on their faces taunts me, and the knots in my stomach tighten.

"I'm guessing we can't meet him yet?" Hayley asks with an eye roll.

"Got that right." I smirk. Moving right in front of the door, I take a deep breath. My cousins move behind me, and hold each other with excitement.

Here we go.

My hand reaches for the knob and I open it to find Harry grinning right at me, leaning against the door way. A smile appears on my face from his adorable charm, but it disappears when his expression changes to shock. His eyes go a bit wide and his mouth has parted slightly. I stare at him waiting for him to say something, as his eyes rake my body. What if he doesn't like my outfit? His eye contact turns my knots into butterflies, and my heart leaps.

"Harry?" I giggle and wave my hand at his face. He snaps out of his trance and returns to a grin.

"Rachel, um, are you ready?" He asks, his voice a little shaky and he runs his hands through his curls.

His nervous habit is so adorable. Who really would have thought Harry could ever get nervous, being that he has no problems singing in front of thousands of people, and even plopping me up on his counter and using his dirty words.

I also take a moment to admire the way he looks. His hair is down in its usual soft curls that I am growing rather attached to. He is wearing a dark colored coat over a black shirt and plain skinny jeans, and his boots are super cool. They are very shiny, and something very bold. He has more style than I ever will.

My eyes travel to Harry's and I remember I haven't answered him yet.

"Oh yeah, I am ready! Bye guys, see you later." I say to my cousins who look like they are about to explode.

Well, they're huge fans, right in front of Harry. I guess I can understand how they must be feeling. Too bad they aren't meeting him yet...

He he..

They wave at me and I walk out the door. Harry offers me his arm to link with and I do, as we head to his fancy, pitch black, boy band, car.

"Get some!" I hear from Hayley behind me.