Chapter 16

Rachel's POV

It's Harry. I knew it.

I turn my heels on the noisy gravel to find him walking towards me, a smug grin pasted to his handsome face as his hands stay stuffed in his pockets. He looks me up and down in my leotard as he steps closer and closer, and I find myself in a trance. Soon we are right in front of one another, very little space between us, the way I've come to like it.

My breathing begins to quicken, the way it always does when I see him, and this is a nice surprise. I cross my arms over my chest so hopefully he won't notice, but judging by how his grin has grown I think it's too late. I actually feel weak at the knees as his eyes rake my body.

What has this man done to me?

As much as I've nervously anticipated seeing him again, I can't help the happiness I feel that we've met up. Somehow, Harry and I always seem find each other. As if he's the drug, I'm the addict, and I am surrounded by his presence.

Even simply being dressed in a light brown jacket, skinny jeans and a white t-shirt, he's never looked more attractive. I love how I can see his inked chest from his shirt. He'd look perfect in practically anything. I also love the way his hair falls so freely, and I'm too tempted to run my fingers through it over and over.

My eyes take the time to admire his sunglasses he wears to hide from the world, yet I feel the only person he isn't hiding from is me, and it makes me feel very special.

Once I stray from my deep thoughts, I realize that we've just been looking at each other. Only one question is the first thing on my mind.

"Harry, h-how did you know I was here?" My voice is shaky and nerves are all over my body. I seriously need to compose myself.

"I um, well you told me you had dance every other day and I was right to come today."

I'm happy to know that from the rapidity of his answer he's as nervous as I. He raises his hand to rub the back of his neck, the other adorable nervous habit of his.

"Oh..right." I respond, focusing at my feet.

Harry's hand touches my shoulder and he gently turns me around so we can walk out of the alley together. I've finally received the touch I've been missing, and it's bliss; I can't help but smile. He moves his arm down, keeping his arm around my waist, holding me close. I keep my head down, the butterflies in my stomach still present.

"The people in there are super strict," Harry scoffs, pointing at the studio.

I look at him, "What do you mean? Wait, was that you causing all the commotion?" I'm full on curious to know if the man's voice I heard before was actually his.

"Yeah I mean so what if I drop some fucking chairs? It's not my fault I'm losing my shit because watching you dance is so amazing. Didn't see that sexy side of you coming."

Dude did you just call me sexy?

What a compliment, at least I think it was one. His thick voice was so neutral, and I'm turning into putty in his hands ever so quickly. Judging by the cute smirk on his face, he's getting the reaction he wanted out of me.

"You dropped chairs?" is all I can manage to get out of me.

"It was an accident," Harry corrects me. "Then I have to get a fucking lecture from some feisty ass ballerina about how I can't be in there watching because it a "closed practice". Bullshit!" Harry makes mocking air quotes and I cannot stop myself from laughing. I can't believe he got himself into trouble.

I take my eyes off of him and look around us. We are passed the studio but I'm not quite sure where we are heading to. Then I notice Harry's Range Rover in the far distance and assume that it's our destination. There I am, saying that Harry and I will only be friends and that nothing can or will happen and now I'm here giggling with him as we head to his car. I'm awful at keeping my promises.