Chapter 2

There is no energy in me, so I lie back down in my bed. Right as my head hits the pillow, my twin cousins come into my room squealing. I moan loudly, trying to shut them up. Could they knock at least?

"Rachel! Look what our mum and dad got us!" Hayley, the older one says. My body can barely bring itself to sit back up as they show me their birthday gift from their parents. Today, my most depressing day ever, is their 19th birthday. We are just a year apart.

"Are those concert tickets?" I ask before yawning. I really don't feel like talking right now. These two always seem to have more energy than me, especially today.

Dammit... All I can think of is Jake...

Both girls nod with excitement to my question.

"Oh come on! There's one for you too! It's tomorrow." Jennifer, the other one, informs me.

"Thanks guys. I'm going to continue lying and mopping around now." I smile sarcastically as I am about to lie back down.

"Hey! We are going out tonight. And you're coming too. You're not just going to mope around all day. You need to take your mind off by celebrating with us. Come on Rach," Hayley insists with a wide grin.

I let out a large sigh and cover my eyes. All they know about Jake and I was that we broke up. I've never told anyone besides Monica about the abuse. I wish I could, but I just don't want people to know what happened to me. My cousins aren't going to let me say no about tonight, and I guess I can't blame them. The thing is, I've never been clubbing before, and it's not something I would ever think of doing. They, on the other hand, are the ones who do it all the time with their short skirts and tube tops. I don't think my parents would approve, but they aren't here, are they?

I give up. "Fine, but you guys are helping me get ready because I feel like I can't do a thing."

They squeal once more before exiting my room. Hayley and Jen are annoying, but maybe they're right. Getting out today could be good for me I guess. Plus, I forgot to get them something, so getting me ready and taking me out should suffice. They love doing it, and are always desperate to get me to go out dancing with them.

Looks like they finally got their wish.

* * *

Hours later, close to nighttime, Hayley and Jen barge into my room and force me out of bed and into the shower. The whole day, I had literally done nothing, which was how I planned it. I basically stayed in my bed and hid under the covers. Jake wouldn't escape my mind the whole time. I basically flashed back to every moment of our relationship, reliving every sliver of good, and majority of hell.

I wonder if he's ever tried to contact me? I need to stop thinking about him. It's not good for my sanity.

Well, let's face it, I'm already insane.

As the hot water falls on my back, I can't help but finally feel a little relaxed, he was completely removed from my mind. Finally.

After I get out of the soothing hot shower, I see that my cousins are ready and dressed in their really short dresses, with a lot of makeup on their face. I can't believe how daring they are with that. Both of them go a bit extreme in my opinion. Hayley begins to get out makeup for me, while Jennifer leaves my room. She comes back holding out a sleeveless, tight black dress for me from her closet that is as short as theirs.

"Really?" I ask sarcastically.

"It's going to look amazing. It's better than your ugly rags. No offense," She teases and I roll my eyes while Hayley laughs at my expense.