Chapter 39

Rachel's POV

I keep going over the way Harry reacted when I told him about my letter from UCL, and my heart keeps fluttering. It sounds crazy, but I've never seen someone so proud of me. Yeah my parents have been proud of me for my loads of accomplishments, but Harry had me feeling so appreciated and loved and actually...worth something. He sounded genuinely happy.

He and my cousins got off work and came straight here, arriving at nearly the same time coincidentally. I was surprised at how quick I landed myself in Harry's arms when he walked through the door. Even though I just moved out that day, it seemed like a lifetime. He held me so tightly, and when I invited everyone to sit on the couch for my announcement, he immediately pulled me to his lap. As I explained the news, my cousins clapped with joy, happy to hear I got a chance. Harry pecked my cheek, wrapping his arms tightly around me, whispering that I have nothing to worry about impressing them, and that he is so proud at how ambitious I am, so I couldn't help myself from sharing a quick kiss with him on the lips, not wanting to give my cousins a full show.

After just plainly hanging out with my cousins for a couple of hours, well mainly my cousins and Harry becoming more acquainted, Harry decided it was time for him to go since he had an early session of training in the morning. Something got me quite suspicious, because when I kissed Harry a final goodbye, he smirked and said, "Be ready for a surprise tomorrow.."

Well, it's tomorrow, and I don't know what the surprise is.

One thing I know, is I hate sleeping without Harry. I woke up once from a nightmare, then barely slept the rest of the night. So whatever the surprise is, it better involve taking even a nap with him.

"Still don't know what Harry was talking about?" Hayley asks, looking up from her phone.

I sigh, putting down my fork. "Not a clue."

The two took me out shopping at the huge mall about an hour and a half away, get my nails done, and even set me up to get a haircut, something I needed. However, I made the decision to cut it shorter than I ever expected myself too, and now it's to my shoulders than to my mid-back. I figured it would be easier to maintain, but then I got skeptical. After convincing me I look fine and that Harry will love it, I was treated to a late lunch to celebrate my great news, a very thoughtful present. Though today I've been distracted by being in the gutter of Harry's plans, no sleep, a crazy new haircut, and a very...let's just say bloody nightmare.

Suddenly my phone buzzes and I jump, snatching it from my bag, losing grip, and nearly throwing it on the table, making a small scene. I cover my face and my cheeks grow redder than red with embarrassment as customers seated around us look at me.

"Damn could you be more obvious?" Jennifer teases.

I glare at her before picking up my phone, the name Harry on the screen making me smile.

Picking you up at eight. Can't wait to see you, Angel. -H x

Excitement races through my veins and I set my phone down on the table, clapping quietly.

"What is it?" Jen questions.

"Harry's taking me out on our third official date!" I squeal, gaining a couple of stares. I realize I seriously need to shut up, because I could give a way a lot more than just a hot date with my famous boyfriend if I don't stop now.