Chapter 34

warning for the end of the chapter! not that bad though but just a heads up! xx

Rachel's POV

"Do you have the pasta finished?!" Jennifer yells this question for what must be the millionth time at Hayley and I as she sticks the prepared and spiced chicken in Harry's oven.

All I can do is sigh, because these past couple of hours have been frustrating...

Jen decided to take care of the chicken all on her own, which Hayley and I didn't mind at all, thinking the pasta would be easy.

Unfortunately we were wrong...

The first batch of pasta we burned, got all over the place, and the worst part was we only bought one box. Hayley spent too much of her time admiring Harry's place to focus on the pasta, leaving me, the most inexperienced cook in charge. This next time I wasn't going to let Hayley use her dumb excuses to "use the bathroom" or "check if he's here" just so she can go look through his stuff.

Worry struck me when I realized we had no more pasta, so I rummaged through Harry's pantry. Obviously I wouldn't have any time to go out and buy more. I didn't want to use his stuff, but I was lucky to find a box of pasta in there. We followed the directions closely this time, keeping Hayley in the kitchen, and now I think we've got it.

Jen comes by and sees we've added the sauce to the pasta, giving us a nod of approval. Now we keep it on low temperature, and it's time for me to get ready too.

"How much time do we have anyway?" Hayley asks, washing her hands in the sink.

I check the clock, only to find fifteen minutes until he should be home.

"Fifteen minutes? Are you kidding me?" I frown, and the two frown as well.

Jennifer pulls me out of the kitchen, "Go change at least into some nicer jeans and shirt, or something else. We can straighten your hair at least, and maybe add some makeup." I'm pushed towards the hallway and spanked on the bum.

I run and turn on the straightener, then making my way to my suitcase. I slip out some nicer jeans than the ones I've got on now, and I take out a thin, light grey sweater of mine with some white dots on it to match. I'm dressed in seconds and I run back to the bathroom to straighten my hair as best as I can. Hayley and Jen appear minutes later, informing me they've taken out plates and set the table, and I'm so thankful.

Both have a turn with me, applying a small amount makeup on my face. They can't do much more since they clearly can't be here when Harry comes.

Once we are done we go out to the kitchen to check the food, seeing it's warm and ready to be eaten. I see the clock reading five till six, and I look at the girls, both grinning at me wildly.

"I hope you two have an amazing night. We need details!" Jennifer cheers, hugging me.

"Hope you are wearing some decent undies..that way when he sees them you aren't embarrassed.." I'm teased by Hayley as she hugs me as well.

"Hayley.." I warn, all three of us cracking up. "Thank you all so much for helping me, you know I couldn't have done it without you."

Jennifer smiles, "No problem!! Come on Hayley, we need to leave!"

My cousins leave, and now I begin to worry. I hope tonight goes well, and that my crazy superstitious feelings are gone when Harry walks through this door. I can't help the butterflies in my stomach that arise from thinking how he will be home any minute. I'll get to see his cheeky grin, be in his arms, and more importantly surprise him with a home cooked meal. I missed him so much today, and I'm mainly just glad that more people besides me know that I love him. I just wish he did.