Chapter 37

Rachel's POV

Holy shit.

Harry's kisses have slowed, and I'm pretty sure he heard the yell from the phone's speaker but there's no way he knows who that yell came from, and it doesn't look like he's stopping his assault any time soon, but he has to. I swat at his tickling hands harsher this time, whispering his name for him to stop and he looks up to me to know what's wrong.

"Harry, you have to stop," I whisper as quiet as I can.

"Why?" he asks aloud and I cringe internally.

My mother scoffs into the speaker, and I know I'm ready for a mouthful. "You are worse than I thought," she spits, and I struggle to sit up under Harry's body and he assists by sliding off me. Immediately I rush the phone to my ear.

"Rachel--"

"Shh!" I warn him. If he talks again, makes another peep, we both will be in more trouble. I rise from the sofa, beginning to button up Harry's shirt that hangs from my body, holding the phone between my neck and ear. "Hello mo-"

"Ohhh no, don't hello us. I'm glad your father and I decided to call when we did. Who knows what would have happened if we hadn't interrupted you and that punk you've allowed yourself to let screw you over," she seethes.

Here we go again..

"You have no clue what you're talking about," I start to pace back and forth.

My mother is such a stubborn woman, more stubborn than Harry when he's on his mood swings, she's basically the most stubborn person I know. I don't know about my father, I haven't heard his side to this argument, heck I don't know why I haven't heard his yelling voice, but I won't doubt his opinion is that different from my mother's. It just pisses me off how she can make such bad assumptions, when she's damn clueless.

"Oh darling," her prudish voice snakes me away from my thoughts, "I'm not as naive as you, I've had experience in the real world."

I can't help but copy her scoff that she made for me right back at her. "So have I, probably more than you considering I've moved halfway across the world."

"R-Rachel?" Harry questions me but before I can hush him again my mom chimes in.

"Ah, well your naïveté shows again there you see, as that appears to have been a stupid mistake. Also it seems your common sense has escaped you. How dare you not alert your father and I about your broken foot!"

I let out a long sigh, rolling my eyes wishing she could see as I mutter under my breath,"It wasn't broken.."

"Having to find out from your aunt and uncle?" she continues. "You will never make such a dumb mistake again, Rachel. Lord only knows what idiotic thing you did to hurt it so badly. How could you not tell your own parents first? Who could have possibly been the first to know, than your parents?"

"Dammit, it's healed, okay? I got the proper treatment, I'm walking and dancing again, so end of story!" I raise my voice, beating around the bush of her last question.

"Rachel, who is this?" Harry stands, as my anger comes off in waves. I can see in his eyes that worry is beginning to show.

My mother catches on however, her sassy laughter ringing in my ear and I can't pay attention to Harry. "That's nice that it's healed sweetheart," the pet name makes me nearly want to puke, bringing back bad memories of my past with him.

"But you've ignored my question. And with this proper treatment, who could have paid for all this? The sugar daddy you've acquired who can't seem to mind his own business at the moment? He should learn how to let a girl talk on the phone for a minute.."