Chapter 7

The small cafe has the wonderful scent of coffee everywhere. As soon as you open the door, it feels warm and cozy. It reminds me of Starbucks, and I feel so at home. We don't have a Starbucks near us here, and this definitely seems like the next best thing. Ginger & White, this place is called, and it's the coolest and closest cafe is what Jen raves. Taking in my surroundings, I walk up to the counter and a pretty cute boy comes up to greet me.

"Welcome, what can I get for you?" He asks with a polite grin, seeming very cheerful.

"I'm fine with a decaf coffee." I reply. I take out my wallet and pay him. He smiles at me as he takes the money, and I return it. The people are even so nice here.

I look down and see this sign on the counter that says: Now Hiring!

"Hah, I bet I couldn't even get this job." I mumble quietly to myself as the guy gives me my change.

"Excuse me? Are you referring to the job? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get it." He tells me with a thick accent. I smile at his compliment, and then he says, "Here, go and have a seat. I'll bring you your drink when it's ready."

I comply and sit down in a near booth. He seems really sweet and he is pretty forward. I can't get over his eyes, they are a very prominent blue, that kind of gives you chills when he looks at you.

After about five minutes, the boy brings me my drink, something in a bag, and sits in front of me.

"Are you actually interested in the job?" He asks nicely with a warm smile. His eyes are really a bright blue like mine, and they are so full of life.

Is he really interested in giving it to me?

"Well, I've um, been looking everywhere for any job, with no luck. I wouldn't mind working here," I reply honestly before taking a drink of the steaming coffee. It tastes really good, another reason I don't mind working here.

I'm surprised that I haven't been here before since it's pretty close to the flat.

The boy hands me over the bag and I open it to find a sugar cookie inside that is covered with delicious sprinkles. My eyes light up and I look back at him.

"I think you'd be wonderful for the job. You can come by tomorrow and see how things work here if you'd like." He suggests.

Huh?

"Are you serious? Just like that? Oh my gosh thank you!" I shout happily. People turn their heads and I feel a little embarrassed that I shouted but this is a huge deal!

He laughs and replies,"It's no problem. I'm Matthew by the way."

"I'm Rachel. So, tomorrow then?" I say getting up.

"Tomorrow. Enjoy the cookie, on the house. See you!" He grins, getting up as well.

"Bye!" I wave before leaving. I can't believe this! I finally have a chance at a job! This is just crazy. I must work hard tomorrow to show I could work here.

I continue on the way to my cousin's flat. When I get there, I walk in and see them standing in the living room looking at me with mean stares.

Oh crap.

"Where the hell have you been? We get home yesterday with no clue where you are?! You can't bother to answer your damn phone?" Jen barks, her eyes blazing with anger. "What the hell do you think phones are for? I know you're not good with technology but come on."

Okay I feel really bad.

"Whoa, whoa, wait. Same clothing as yesterday, and messy hair. What happened?!" Hayley, the perv, questions as her anger sheds away. Jennifer suddenly becomes interested too.

I didn't think my hair was that bad... I reach up to comb it through.

I sigh and plainly tell them, "I hurt my ankle while out yesterday and I slept at someone's place. No big deal, nothing happened."

"And who is this special 'someone'?" Hayley smirks with a big grin.

I close my eyes, wishing to just get away. They aren't my mother, and I am even older than them! I can go where I please. Why must they ask for every detail?

"C'mon, spill." Jen forces.

The worst part is, they know this special someone.

"Ugh....his name is Harry Styles. He helped me out."

Here we go.

They yell at me in unison, nothing of which I can understand. Are they identical or what?

"How the blimin' hell  do you sleep at Harry Styles' flat, with Harry Styles, and nothing happen?!" Jennifer screams making me jump a little.

"Just leave me alone!" I blurt and storm to my room.

Could they be anymore annoying? I don't owe them an explanation. Before I get to the door, Hayley stops me.

"Okay, we are sorry for yelling. Come here and talk. Please? We just want to know what happened."

If I tell them, maybe it will make me feel better. I feel I've been carrying a giant weight since I first met Harry at the club, and not saying a thing is only making it heavier, and soon it'll slow me down. I nod my head in agreement and sit on the couch, looking at the both of them.

"So, just tell us what happened." Jennifer asks, trying to keep her cool.

After taking a deep breath, I explain what happened at the club with Harry and I, why I really left the concert early, the incident at the park, and what happened at Harry's house. I practically tell them everything, and feel that the huge weight has been lifted. Thank goodness.

The girls on the other hand aren't as relaxed as I am, now seeming like the weight was actually a bomb that I place on the two of them, near to explosion.

"You can't tell anyone!" I tell them firmly. I know how gossipy they are and if they tell someone I don't know what I'll do to them.

"We won't. But how could you keep yourself from attacking his hotness? Look at him! He's so fucking hot! I would have ripped him apart in a second! His big hands, his lips, fuck!" Hayley shouts, tugging at her hair.

"Because I'm mature..." I say back. Obviously my cousins have barely any maturity, or at least less than I thought. "By the way, I also possibly got a job at a cafe."

They grin with excitement and move over to hug me.

"Back to the Harry thing." Jen orders, pulling out of the hug. "So when are you seeing him again?"

"We aren't a thing, Jen. Besides, why would he be interested in me? I'm not famous, or anything." It's true. Why would he?

"Why would he take you in, care for you, and get your number?" Jennifer answers.

Maybe she has a point...

What is Harry trying to do with me?
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N
I know it's short sorry but hope you liked it ;)