Chapter 13

"Come on baby, I will hold you so you won't fall. And if your ankle begins to ache I will carry you." Harry smiles and reaches his hands out to me.

If he calls me baby once more, I'll lose it for sure and my legs will turn to mush. Well, I am barely standing now due to the skates anyway. Just the sound of that word makes me grin like a freaking lunatic.

What really has happened to me? Honestly I have no clue about anything anymore really.

I'd almost even forgotten about my ankle pain from the time Harry ran into me just days ago. Lately the pain hasn't gone away, and dancing on it probably isn't making it any better, but I'm not going to let that ruin my night with him. My fear will do that instead.

"Harry...I just.." I whine like a child as my hands clench the side of the rink harder. My knuckles are turning white from my grip and I know I must loosen up. It's hard, and I may be overreacting to all of this, but I can't help being scared.

Harry, noticing my tenseness, skates up to stand right in front of me and he places his hands over mine. The softness of his hands connecting with my skin sends a tingling sensation through me. His finger tips slowly rub over my hands, giving me a tickling yet calming feeling as my body slowly turns into mush and relaxes. My hands loosen their grip but don't move under his touch. The expression on Harry's face shows he's getting the reaction out of me he wanted, and I don't mind giving it to him this time.

"Oh? Scared are we?" He challenges, raising a sarcastic brow.

"No..." I lie, and considering the smirk on his lips he knows it. Of course I'm scared. Does this look anything safe?

"I promise you, I won't let you fall or get hurt. Come here Rach."

Giving up, I sigh as my feet slowly step to my side in front of the entrance, using the wall as my rail. Harry skates closer to me and holds his large hand out. As I look into his green orbs, I finally see some of the trust I have wanted to see since the beginning. I place my hand into his warm one, and carefully place my right foot on the ice, and then my left, nearly falling onto him but Harry still holds me up. My grip tightens, though luckily I actually am standing still, with Harry's help of course.

Harry's POV

Everything Rachel's done has been quite adorable. This first date, or as she would just say we're just 'friends' hanging out, has been going swell.

The minute I saw her at the door, she looked completely different than before when earlier today she was in her plain clothes. Rachel doesn't need to dress up for me. She could be wearing rags for all I care, and she'd still be beautiful. I can't keep my eyes off of how stunning she looks. The way she's acting I can tell she feels a little uncomfortable in this outfit but she is clueless to how perfect she really is.

As soon as she stepped onto the ice, she almost fell but I kept my promise that she wouldn't and I will continue to. I'm not the best skater myself, hell I suck at this, but we'll see how this goes. We will probably end up laughing in the end at each other's mistakes. I just want to make her laugh.

This girl has changed me a bit in the past few days.

Rachel's grip has tightened on my hand, and she's gripped my coat as well to keep herself steady.

My thoughts are cleared when I realize I've just been admiring her.

"Erm...Okay, now we're going to move to the center." I instruct as I take her shaking hand that's holding my coat into my other hand.

Rachel nods slightly as she looks deeply into my eyes searching for what I assume is trust, and moves that hand over to her side. Once again, she tightens her grip on my hand, but it actually feels really good, so I don't say a thing.