Chapter 24

{this chapter is last chapter in Harry's POV, enjoy!}

Harry's POV

My mind couldn't come up with any reasons of why Rachel would've ignored me yesterday. Had I said something? Was she okay? None of the numerous calls and messages I sent were even answered with an "I'm fine", and it has me worried.

Last night the boys and I had gotten finished so late and it gave me no time to visit her. All I knew was that she was home, which was a good thing since it was nearly midnight. I was anxious about her, so it took us longer to record, and the boys were fed up with me. Not a good way to end the night.

The only thing that's put me at ease since yesterday is checking my phone and seeing she is in fact alive, and she went to the cafe this morning, for what I assume is she's scheduled for work. So I decided to get dressed and visit her there today; hopefully we can talk.

As I stroll the short walk to her from my place, I keep my sunglasses on so hopefully I won't be spotted. Paul called and said that lately the paparazzi have been swarming celebrities here in the city and bad publicity isn't what we need during the near end of this break, months before we put out a new album. So the boys and I are having to stay on low radar. When I finally arrive at the cafe, I'm lucky to find it barely full.

I go to pull open the door but when I look in the window I am relieved to see her working at the counter, making a drink I think. She spins around and behind her I see fucking Matthew, trying to lure her with his grin and fake charm, and I have to clench my fists to hold myself back. I don't catch what happens next, but then I see them laughing. I figure it's my time to make my appearance.

When I enter I find them hugging now, and he squeezes her tighter, smiling even more like a loser. I take off my glasses, to see if I'm seeing right and sure enough I am. That little shit, taking my girl that way, and the way she reacts to him hurts me. The way I know they're friends makes me wish she didn't get coffee here that day, and hadn't gotten a job. It's rude of me to wish that for her, but I can't help it because of how I feel for her. Ignoring me, then hugging him for the second time without even pushing him off or anything, it's like a slap in the face. My hands go straight to my pocket before I can rip him off and choke him to death for touching her again.

I bet I could take him, he looks weaker than I, and even when I was a baker I still had muscle.

"I can't believe this!" Rachel squeals in his arms as I step closer to the two of them. I'm clueless to what she's talking about but I don't think it could be anything good.

"I can't believe it either," I say, shaking my head in disbelief of what I'm actually witnessing.

The two split from the hug and I give the man my best stare, wishing that looks could actually kill.

Rachel looks panicked, "Harry, I-"

"This is what you ignore me for?" I make eye contact with her innocent blue wonders. Tears begin to make their way to my eyes and I'm not going to be seen this way. Impulsively I spin and leave, I just have to get out of here.

I catch her faintly yell for me but I keep going, deciding to walk through the alleys back to my flat. The longer walk should give me time to cool off instead of me returning to the flat and tearing it apart. My body tenses with each step and I want to let it out. I might go train..

"Harry!" I hear her call. I desperately want to answer but I don't need this now, so I pick up the pace. I'm way too angry.

"Harry!"

Her presence seems nearer, and once I feel her touch my arm I flinch away, but not out of instinct, out of self control. Never would I hurt her.

"What?!" I question her, looking her up and down as she tries to breathe.