Chapter 26

Rachel's POV

"Ugh..." I groan, rolling my eyes.

I can't believe Harry actually dragged me to the car and forced me to the doctor. This man literally carried me to his car and strapped me in against my will..and kicks and screams. He couldn't decide between the ER or just the doctor's office but I think my glares helped his decision. No way in hell was I going to an ER.

Harry ignores me and is messing with his phone as we sit here in the nearly empty waiting room. Since I had refused to fill out my own papers, Harry had to do it, and it took me awhile to give any information to him so we have been here already forty-five minutes or so. I have been giving him the silent treatment since the ride here, but now he finally won't give me his acknowledgement.

"Ugh!" I groan louder, crossing my arms to get his attention.

He giggles, shaking his head, yet not looking up from his phone.

Anxiety and impatience is growing inside me and I'm beginning to get angry. Never ever did I want to see a doctor again, especially because of what happened last time. How dare Harry not listen to my requests.

I turn to look at him, seeing the amusement on his face from this whole situation. I have to get out of here before they call my name. There's got to be a way to convince Harry to give this up.

"That's it!" I explode, finally getting him to face me, along with some of the awaiting patients. "I'm tired of being here. I told you I didn't want to come here in the first place! This is a waste of time, and money."

"Oh is it?"

Harry's off his phone now, and has scooted closer to me in his seat, his lips in a smirk as he challenges my words.

Well once again, challenge accepted.

"Yeah, it is," I raise my brows. "In fact, my foot doesn't even hurt anymore!"

I see his smirk grow, "Really?"

"Mmhm," my tone is sarcastic. "Now let's just get in the car," I tightly grab the arm rests on the chair and lift myself up, "drive back to your pla--OUCH!" I exclaim, the smallest pressure on my foot causing the pain to come back in full swing.

Harry is instantly at my side, holding my body still to balance me, breathing warmly against my neck which puts me at ease. We ignore the people who stare at us as he helps me sit back down. I try not to look into his eyes since mine are probably filled with defeat.

I sigh, tears beginning to make their way out. I just never wanted to be in a place like this again. Last time was too much to handle.

"Baby," he whispers, coming as close as possible to me, reaching over the arm rest to hold me in his arms.

When I'm in his arms, I can't help but feel so safe. I feel like nothing bad will happen to me here. I'm not sure why exactly his hold and touch is like a protective blanket for me, but the way he holds me is strong but not to tight, still soft and relaxing. It's like all the darkness around us disappears and we are left in peace. I've never experienced something like this with anyone before.

"You know I just want to help you. I...I'm not sure why you're so afraid of this. I'm not quiet sure what you're afraid of actually. If it's the doctor part, or your foot--" he rambles but I won't let him go any further. I'm not going to talk about what happened back then.