Chapter 30

Rachel's POV

Never in a million years would I have thought that forced bedrest and not being allowed to do anything for an entire week would be fine with me. I would have never believed that being stuck in a studio apartment for seven days straight would be something I'd allow myself to do.

Yet, this week was the most enjoyable one I've had in so long.

Mainly, I never knew how much fun doing absolutely nothing could be. I'm always busy, how I've liked it since I can remember. For the past week though I relaxed in bed, the couch; just pure nothingness. No stress or worries to trouble me! I couldn't remember a time when I binged a television show, or did plainly nothing. My parents would not allow me to be lazy for a long period of time, and by that, I mean like an hour. Homework, homework, homework, always.

But this..this was new, and so much fun.

Harry thought my excitement was amusing, and would always tell me so any chance he got. In the mornings if I was awake, he'd lead me to the couch if I wished, always there would be a small breakfast ready for me, he called me at the same time everyday, and come home early, so we could eat dinner together and talk. I'd always get little notes and things telling me what my lunch was in the fridge, and cute messages that always made my day. It became a routine, one I grew attached to. I was lucky he didn't live in a mansion, so I could easily eat or reach the bathroom. It all became familiar and comfortable very quickly, and his mood was quite playful the past week which I couldn't get enough of.

My most favorite part, was when we got into bed together every night; the cuddling.

Sleeping with Harry is indescribably wonderful. He's right on top of you, literally. His arms, as heavy as they are, are slung over your chest and his legs keep you pulled right against his warm body. His nose presses against your neck as his head lays on your shoulder. There's a sense of protection that you feel under his safe and caring arms that is so hard to ignore.

Before we would sleep, Harry and I spent time talking about ourselves to learn even more too, which has been so different then I thought. I haven't talked about college at all, not running into any awkward topic about that part of my life. The other stuff, like my childhood and a bit on my parents strictness has been the majority. It actually shocked him, which I thought was funny. He told me over the course of time about his childhood and family, and I was thrilled to learn he has a sister, and saw pictures of him serving at his mother's recent wedding, though it was sad to learn about his parents divorce, so I didn't bring it up much.

Also I learned something that could possibly sound dumb, but I found out his birthday and he learned mine. When he discovered my birthday would be coming up in less than a month, August fourth to be exact, he couldn't hold his excitement.

Every night, it's the same, and I couldn't complain, even though once in awhile it would get a teensy claustrophobic in those muscular arms.

* * *

"Harry, you're like one of those dogs.." I whispered in his ear early one morning, causing him to wake up. I had been awake for a few minutes, desperately wanting to return to sleep, but Harry's closeness was giving me a hard time to get back into my sleep mode. The air was a little stuffy next to him since his body did create a lot of heat.

Harry moved his arm from around me to rub his eyes. "Hmm? Wha-?" he questioned, his hoarse voice drifting off.

When his eyes started to flutter open, I answered him. "You know, one of those big dogs that think they're little but they're not?"