Chapter 18

Harry's POV

This is going to be a good date.

At least that is what I keep reminding myself as we run out to my car in the pouring rain. No storm will get in my way, nothing can. I need to make sure I don't fuck this up for myself too, but there's always a chance of that happening. I just have to show Rachel that I can be who she needs, and it's a shit load of pressure. More than I thought it would be. I haven't been this nervous in a while. I can't even remember the last time I had this many butterflies in my stomach, not even for a concert.

I help Rachel into the car then hurry over to my side. Once I get in, I glance over to see her beaming at me, always such a beautiful sight to see, and a smile grows on my face.

"I guess we dressed somewhat similar?" She says to me, gesturing to her very beautiful blouse.

When I first saw her at the door today I nearly lost it. Her outfit...just damn. Too many dirty thoughts came to mind.

"Seems we did, though you look way better." I reply, raising my brows as I drive us into the city.

I'm rewarded with her cute laugh and I can tell blushes. I love that I can make her react that way.

I decide to place my hand on her thigh, something I think she's come to enjoy. Rachel answers my thoughts by placing her hand over mine, and I entwine our fingers. Nothing can go wrong tonight.

Just as I'm about to compliment Rachel for her lovely low neckline, my cell phone decides to interrupt.

Really? Now?

This better be important because I really don't want to let go of her hand. When I go to grab my phone, I hear her whimper which makes me feel like shit.

"Hello?" I ask into the speaker, already annoyed. Realizing I didn't check it before, I look back at the caller ID and see it's my security.

What do they want?

Soon my ear is filled with new sudden info that my reservation plans for two at the restaurant got out and the paps are waiting at the restaurant and a few are at my fucking apartment.

You've got to be fucking kidding me?

"What do you mean they know?! How the hell does someone find this out? It was the restaurant wasn't it? Fuck!" I shout at the phone.

I get that it's not my security's fault but I have no one else to yell at. I should have known I couldn't trust that fucking restaurant. Just wanting attention and publicity for themselves. I spoke too soon about our night being ruined. I hate myself because somehow everything for me gets screwed up. I hang up the stupid phone and shove it back into my pocket.

"Harry? Is everything alright?" Rachel asks me, placing her hand over mine and rubbing softly over my knuckles which are clenched to my leg now.

"Ugh...no. The paparazzi found out about my reservations at the restaurant I chose for us tonight and they are waiting there for us. We can't fucking go there now."

Rachel's POV

That was unexpected...

Harry is slowly cooling down as I continue to stroke his hand gently. His temper was through the roof! I feel so bad for him, he looks so disappointed now. Somewhat defeated.

"Erm, h-how about my place? Should we just go there?" He stops at a light and turns to me, running his hands through the curls of his hair.

I can see the nerves in his eyes and yet his expression is a little unreadable. He looks..vulnerable? Harry, vulnerable?