Chapter 40

Rachel's POV

It hasn't seemed like days have passed since Harry and I went out, but it's true. They've been rough, I won't deny it. The bad dreams don't always come the same way, but either way, I'll wake up scared and alone, and can hardly stay awake all day. We've talked some everyday, but this separation has made me realize how much he's right, I need to get more social. As much as I don't care to, it's best. The two of us have been busy, me working to get my mind off and him training and writing as usual. I guess this is what a normal relationship is like?

In the small amount of time we get to talk, Harry won't stop bringing up my birthday, which is coming up fast, but the things that are taking up my thoughts aren't his unknown plans for that day, but more about his radio interview today, and my college interview tomorrow. Now, I wasn't all worried when he explained to me that he had this interview. I trusted and believed him that we would be just fine, and that he could say what he thought was fitting. But, what I saw on the television last night, definitely messed with my mind.

Those stupid, gossipy, celebrity shows. I only had it on that channel because we couldn't find the damn remote, and we had been watching 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', and none of us remembered where we put the stupid thing.

"Where did you put the remote?" I called for Hayley, pretty sure she was the one who turned on the television earlier.

She immediately got defensive, "Don't look at me, it had to be Jen."

"Did not!" Jen protested, looking under the couch. We'd already been looking for at least ten minutes, and the show had started not long ago. "I hate this girl's voice who talks on this talkshow. She just also happens to talk shit on people, so it makes it all worse. If we don't find this damn remote I will go insane.."

I laughed at her exaggeration, "Relax, the show is only an hour long. We will find it soon enough," I tried to calm her down. This was a small apartment, so we had to find it. "Hey Hayley, take a peek under the pillow," I asked, but none of them moved. I stood up from looking under the table, but both looked behind me, eyes wide. "What?"

With a single point of her finger, Jen had me turn around to find myself on television, and I covered my mouth with my hand. Now since it was Monday, they had a chance to talk about Harry and I, and our date that happened just Friday night. The three of us stared, as the annoying lady unfolded our story.

"New couple alert? Sorry fans, looks like Harry Styles from One Direction has a new beau."

The image on the screen changed from the prudish lady, to a video of Harry and I in front of the restaurant, showing pictures of us on the side. The lady continued her report.

"Harry and his new gorgeous lady, her name said to be Rachel, were seen weeks ago running from the paparazzi, after first snapped as a pair walking into his apartment just days before. There was an incident, the mystery girl getting hurt as they ran that day, and since then, the two haven't been very public. At least, until last night, giving us a glimpse at the hot couple eating at London's extravagant celebrity hangout, later seen again going to Harry's apartment just an hour after."

The video of Harry and I walking into his apartment showed with audio now, Harry had his hands on my back trying to lead me through, flashes in our faces, and they kept yelling at me to say who I was. I found myself cringing at the screen, Hayley and Jen were now by my side, eyes still wide with parted lips from shock. It's different seeing it from this view, and I couldn't decide which was worse, experiencing it yourself or watching it about yourself. Hayley turned around, and I wish I could have too but my feet were bolted to the ground.