Chapter 31

Rachel's POV

I was lucky enough that once I texted Matthew last night, he had a spot open for me to work today, sounding thrilled that I was okay and ready to do my job. At the same time, Harry phoned my dance instructor, finding out that once I could actually dance again, I could resume my lessons and get extra practice at night, thankfully.

It felt wonderful to stand on my own two feet again this morning, able to walk through the flat without those damn crutches or cast. As Harry was getting our breakfast ready, I couldn't stop walking laps around the place, my excitement bursting out of me. However, Harry began to pout like a child, missing being able to carry me around.

For the past forty five minutes or so, I've been getting myself ready for my shift at ten. I have been taking longer than usual to make myself look presentable, but I've just been too happy to be on my feet, I figured that since I've looked like a dead zombie all week I could try harder on my appearance today.

I slip on my black skater skirt and a white shirt that I found in the suitcase Harry packed for me a week ago, already feeling better about myself to be dressed somewhat nicely. In the suitcase I also found my hair straightener packed, as well as a few makeup items that I'm pretty positive my cousins slipped in. Yet, I am using both today. One thing of course I'm wearing is a lot of socks on my injured foot, most of them Harry's since I didn't have any big socks packed except for my thick polka-dotted fluffy ones I'm glad Harry had put in. The boots I'm wearing gladly cover the pile of socks on my foot so I actually look normal today.

As I stretch and bend my body across the counter of Harry's bathroom to concentrate closely on my mascara, nearly done with my makeup, I see Harry come into view from behind me through the mirror. Our gazes meet for seconds, acknowledging his presence as he leans in the doorway, until I resume my makeup. I see Harry move from his spot closer to me. I stroke over my lashes once more until I nearly stab myself in the eye when I suddenly feel Harry's hands roughly squeeze on my hips, lightly pressing himself against my backside.

I roll my eyes playfully, closing up the mascara to glare at him, his lips turning into a sly smirk.

"You look gorgeous," he compliments as I stand up straight in his hold.

I smile at him through the mirror, noticing he's gotten dressed for work as well, in a plain black tee and skinny jeans, looking so good yet in such a plain way.

"Thank you," I beam as he snakes his hands around my waist and rests his chin on the crook of my neck, his curls tickling my ear.

Harry holds me closer, softly kissing under my ear before speaking, "Why all the makeup? You know you don't need all this, love."

"Well I've looked like a risen zombie this past week, I figure it's time I look actually alive again." Harry starts to sway us gently side to side as I explain.

He shakes his head, "I'd like to disagree with that statement, you look breathtaking everyday."

His comment has giggles sounding from my mouth,"You have to say that, you're my boyfriend."

He shakes his head again in disagreement, planting another kiss below my ear. Meanwhile I notice Harry moving his hands down and he begins to lift my skirt from its hem.

"Harry!" I scold, bumping my bum back at his body to scoot him away.

He starts to laugh, causing me to do the same. I turn to him, latching my arms around his neck as our laughs subside.

"All I'm saying is that skirt is hot on you, and that I would like to show you how hot it is by ripping it off you," he growls in my ear so casually.