Chapter 48

Rachel's POV

It took me so long to get Harry to finally take some damn medication for his illness, but he finally caved, and now after just a couple of days he's started to get better, thank goodness. Lucky for me, I've not caught whatever he had, and now that it's behind us, I'm hoping I won't.

Things since the best night of my life have been really good, much to my liking. Harry and I have only done things again twice, yesterday and the day we cuddled in bed after my dance class. He promised me we'd take it slow, and not rush into things if I don't feel too comfortable, which is completely fine by me, because this takes a lot of getting used to...

Plus, my poor Harry hasn't even been energetic enough for much, and it really takes a toll on him. I'm so glad he's getting back to normal. I haven't seen him all that much the past two days, between he staying home from being sick or forcing himself to the gym, and me, working and dancing my mornings and nights away. I spent one night at my cousins' flat since they felt I hadn't seen them in a while, of course them pushing me to spill the juicy gossip of the date. Then, I spent last night with Harry, both of us exhausted after trying things out again.

I had a longer shift this morning at the cafe since I don't have dance today, and I'm oddly glad I didn't have class today. The past classes this week have been...strange. Miss Wendy has been a bit snappier with me, calling me out on my mistakes much more often and she seems really angry. I'm glad she cancelled night practice today, because I think she and I both need a break.

"Rachel!" Hayley's voice takes me out of my thoughts, and I take out my headphones and rise from my bed to see what she needs in the kitchen.

I've been home since after work, a six hour shift I took from nine to three. Hayley has been off today while Jen left early in the morning for her internship, stopping by for a coffee at the cafe before she headed into the main city. So, for the whole day since I got off work, Hayley and I have spent some of the time together. Well, she's been annoying asking me inappropriate questions about Harry, so I left her and went to my room and decided it's time I start listening to Harry's music. That's what I've been doing for the last hour and a half almost, listening to his first album, Up All Night, over again to learn it.

I come out of my room and find Hayley grabbing her purse, completely changed into a cute dress and heels.

"Hayley?"

She turns to me, smiling as she puts her purse on her shoulder. "Damn, I called your name five times at least! I know Up All Night is great, but give your ears a rest from the headphones, love."

"Sorry..." I bite my lip, feeling guilty. She's right though, I can literally hear the way Harry's voice evolved in these songs compared to now. I'm already in love with his music, I love it so much.

"Well, I'm going out to the bar. I've been stuck here, you're in your room, and Jen working so long, I need to get out. So I'll be back late or tomorrow if anything happens, or early tonight if nothing happens." My cousin grabs her keys and heads for the door as I follow.

"If anything happens, as in, if a cute guy magically appears and asks for your number which results in you going out with him for the night?" I tease, leaning against the door.

She sighs, shaking her head and crossing her arms, clearly amused. "Come on, Rach, not all of us get our own famous, hot, completely perfect boyfriends with their dashing long hair and great body who give us gorgeously, meaningful necklaces and an amazing first time shag," Hayley laughs too hard when she stops her little point, but I know she's just joking.