Chapter 23

Rachel's POV

Waking up, I couldn't cover my relief of knowing that finally I was returning to work. My stress could be lifted from me for just a few hours, and that was much needed. Since Matthew had called yesterday, Harry kept texting me, but I decided I had to turn off my phone. I was way too aggravated at him to answer, and the argument with my mother the night before was already enough to handle. I didn't need another fight.

I thought my reaction to the 'Find My iPhone' thing was normal, because honestly, how was I supposed to react to that? But once I told Jen and Hayley, they said I may be overreacting...

"So he has your phone on the tracking app, doesn't sound that big of a deal," Hayley rolled her eyes, adjusting her position on the couch. Jennifer nodded in agreement.

Then I decided to explain it, and put them in my shoes.

"How would you feel, if even before you really knew someone, in fact, barely knew them at all, they were tracking you secretly? Knowing everywhere you went?" I smiled, noticing their expressions change from fine to awkward.

"Girl's got a point," Jen looked to Hayley, who agreed.

Now that I'm getting ready for work, I rethink about Harry and I's relationship, realizing something that I must have been blinded by lust before not to have thought about. I don't know enough about him. Sure I've learned more things about him, but I feel like we've rushed into something. Something amazing, yes, but discovering the tracking issue has made me think about how I really don't know him, let alone he doesn't really know me. It's just so much to think about, and I'm glad I've got work today, for a nice break.

Carefully I put on my jeans. My left foot that was most likely sprained when I tripped over Harry that day at the park still hurts off and on, but the day off from dance class yesterday was helpful. I button my skinny jeans and slip on a loose blouse. In less than ten minutes I'm ready to go.

As I grab a snack in the kitchen Jennifer strolls her way in, yawning, still dressed in her pajamas.

She takes a yogurt from the refrigerator and comes next to me. "Morning! Off to work, yeah?"

"Happily!"

She shakes her head and giggles, "I still don't understand how you enjoy work. I'm lucky to have the day off, architecture internships are difficult." She tiredly take a spoon from the drawer and opens the yogurt. "Hayley only left early because she didn't finish what she'd done yesterday. Her lazy arse was checking the men out instead of working at the counter."

We both laugh, knowing well that if Hayley ever wanted to be a pharmacist she'd have to keep her eyes on the sick people instead of the hot ones.

"Well I've got to run, Matthew's waiting for me!" I snatch my phone from the counter and turn it on.

Jennifer takes a spoonful of her breakfast and devours it. "I remember him I think, the way you described him. He's served me coffee before. Such a handsome lad isn't he? Those blue eyes..." she gasps dramatically, causing me to laugh even more.

"Sure, yeah he's a catch I suppose," I answer, then a bing comes from my phone, and then another, and more. I look down at it finding a text from Matthew saying he has something special for me, which excites me, and tons of messages and calls from Harry.