Chapter 21

Rachel's POV

I wake up smiling. Me, waking up, smiling? It all had to do with Harry and his phone call from last night, just as he'd promised, though it was a little late, but that didn't matter.

We talked, longer than I thought we would, my cousins gathered around of course as I was forced to be on speaker. Jen and Hayley couldn't hold their giggles while Harry would tease me, and I would have to shut them up, but Harry knew they were there. I got a little anxious when Harry was bringing up what we almost did in bed this morning, of course he did it to embarrass me, but he got the hint to stop with the details after me clearing my throat multiple times.

I lied to my cousins, saying I was going to hang up but actually I went to my room and locked myself in there so I could talk to him alone.

Three hours. Harry and I chatted for three, amazing hours alone. It was so chill, so casual, and it was fun. Being able to hear him laugh was so calming for me, I never realized this until last night. I finally learned some more about him, stuff I never knew, like how he became famous, which more fans would know, but I didn't. He seemed super thrilled to tell me, saying it was adorable I didn't know. It was such a great story actually. I never knew that he was matched with the other boys after thinking he was out of the competition called X Factor, but I remember once hearing they didn't even win, but the famous Simon Cowell signed them on. Then as a band, they blew up, making a huge mark on the world.

I sort of avoided most of Harry's questions about my family, because I didn't want to ruin the moment. He was very curious to know, but I was much more interested in learning about him, because he always makes it about me. Now I actually feel so much closer to him, so much more connected to him, and I want to continue to discover more.

I turn to my side, and find the phone next to me on the mattress. I must have fallen asleep after the phone call. I feel my smile grow.

Today is going to be a great day, I know it.

I get up from my bed and step out into the kitchen to find my cousins rushing around to get ready to leave for work.

"Good morning!" I cheer, taking an apple from bowl on the counter and then hopping up to sit on it.

Both of my cousins turn to me, completely stop what they're doing and stare with strange looks.

"What?"

"Damn, happy is a weird look on you," Hayley laughs, continuing to pack her lunch.

Jennifer joins in, taking an apple from behind me and slipping it into her lunch bag. "It's different, but a great different. Look at her Hayley, she's practically glowing," she jokes. "I like the way Harry's made you."

"Being happy is very different, I love the way he's made me too," I giggle, bitting from my apple.

Jennifer and Hayley grab their purses and lunches and give me a hug goodbye.

"As happy and carefree that you seem, which is a plus from your stuck up, boring, nerdy personality, you may want to dial it down, Rach. It's kind of scaring me," Hayley teases before they exit the house, and I can't help but laugh.

Once I finish my apple, now home alone, I slide off the counter and head back to my room, deciding to shower now, to start the day fresh. As I grab my clothing, I hear my phone vibrate and am ecstatic to find a text from Harry.

Good morning angel, hope you slept well. Xx

A grin makes its appearance on my lips that I don't bother to constrain.