Chapter 44

(wooow harry looks hot af here can we take a moment plz and admire this. it's freaking art. I fucking love harry....
ok lets get on with this lol)

Rachel's POV

The game is nearly over now, and the short commercial break is coming to an end. I have had such a good time here with them, and I can only hope they actually like me and aren't just pulling my leg. Niall and I have talked more than anything, but Louis and Liam add to make me feel comfortable and loose, and I've had a blast with them. I even got to hear a little about Liam's girlfriend, Sophia, and she seems like the nicest person you could ever meet, and I hope I get that chance.

Harry's friends are absolutely hysterical. They have made me laugh way too hard with their comments at the players. They've gotten me more into it too; we literally clap and shout for joy when a goal is made. I kinda feel like one of the guys, I'm even having a small glass of beer. Well, Niall poured some of his beer in a glass for me since I didn't want to drink a lot, but still. Louis and Liam spend most of the time arguing about the game but I've gotten to know Niall a lot, and he is just about the funniest person I've ever met, and I don't think it's because of this "fuckin' amazin'" beer he's raving about and drinking in large amounts. He and I are a bit alike too, making conversation easier. One thing's for sure, he's like how the Irish are described: funny, beer-loving, and quite the swearers, which adds to his hilarity.

Harry was right about having me meet them, its nice knowing some more people, especially his people. I feel even closer to him more than anything. I just wish he wasn't acting so strange right now. I asked him to come sit with me three times in this whole time we've been here; maybe I could have cuddled with him or sit on his lap but he declined in silence. He's been looking at me, I can see it from the television's reflection, but I just don't know why he's seeming distant. He's the only reason I've had a hard time concentrating on the game...I'm worried.

"Rachel! You seeing this?!" Niall's Irish voice snatching me from staring at Harry's lonely reflection in the television.

I turn to him, "No, sorry. What's happening?"

"It's tied, and all the extra time is over! Penalty time!" Louis bursts, giving Liam a high five, then turning to give us both one as well. Niall taught me what a penalty was and I was hoping it would come to one so I could witness it. Having to go face to face with the goalie? I'd be scared to death.

After watching Barcelona miss a couple penalties and the four of us complimenting the amazing and hot, if I may add, English goalie, Harry finally speaks up, grasping all of our attention. "I am going to make a phone call, I'll be back."

Instantly I rise from the couch and step in front of Niall, walking over to meet Harry before he wanders off down the hallway next to him to what I assume leads to Niall's bathroom and bedroom. I am going to find out what is wrong.

"Harry..." my voice comes out as a whine, which was unintended.

"It's okay, Rach. Just a phone call," he raises his phone at me as if to make a point.

He doesn't seem to understand that I'm confused about his behavior. And who is he calling so suddenly?

I open my mouth to speak but Niall's voice calls out, "Aye, Rach get over here! England's turn!"

"Just a second!" I call back, then focus back on Harry. "Harry, what's going--"

"Baby, just go. I'll be okay, don't miss your game," He silences me and walks away.

Okay...

When I enter back to the living room Liam informs me Barcelona made none of it's penalties, and England could definitely take the game. I nod, but all I can think about is Harry as I sit back now between Lou and Niall.