Chapter 17

He slammed the door, almost sounding like he broke it. I knew what was coming, and I needed to go now. I sprinted from the kitchen, across the living room and through the hallway to the bedroom, shutting the door behind me and trying to seal it as best as I could with some furniture. I couldn't believe he removed the lock on it because of last time.

"Where the fuck are you? You little bitch!" He barked, his voice very slurred from the alcohol he'd had tonight but still all the frightening. I didn't get why he still continued to do this to himself; to us.

I could hear the sound of glass breaking, things being thrown against the wall. The coffee table being stomped on, pillows ripping, and his movements getting closer. Hopefully the neighbors wouldn't hear anything this time.

I didn't know what else to do but slide to the ground and hide in a ball, wishing I could just go away, disappear right now. All I could wonder was:

What did I do now?

"Don't fucking hide from me!" I heard from outside the door. His fists pounded the door multiple times.

Tears were streaming down my face unknowingly as I wished to vanish. Next thing I knew, the door had been burst through, his footsteps pound, closer and closer to me until I'm pulled up from my position roughly.

His hands grasped my arms tightly as he pushed me up against the nearest wall, banging my head against it for what seemed like the hundredth time. A loud scream sounded from my mouth before I could stop it.

I should have stopped it.

"P-please..Jake. No..." I mumbled before he grasped me hardly once more and threw me to the ground.

I knew the bruises were there, along with the others.

"Aww sweetheart, you know I'm sorry. I love you." He whispered, before kneeling down in front of me, pulling me harshly by the neck to him, and stretching to connect his lips with mine...

My eyes shoot wide open and I cover the scream that exits my mouth with my hand. I look around, seeing that the covers have reached the floor, I'm covered in a full layer of sweat, and tears cover my face as well.

This is my problem.

I'm haunted in my sleep from Jacob. But these aren't nightmares. These are memories, and they happen almost every night.

I pray that neither of my cousins heard my scream this time. The past times have been so awkward because one or both of them come in and try to help me calm down. But there is no helping me. I'm too far deep. They don't even know what monsters are in my dreams, no one does. I'm lucky when after a few minutes no one comes.

I check the time, 6:55 a.m. I don't think I can sleep now, there's no way. I can't go back to that place. Instead I rise and decide it's best to shower, to wash away this cloud over me today. This evening, I'm going out with Harry, and I won't let this take over my mind. Hopefully my day ends better than it started. I step into the water and the steam instantly relaxes my muscles. I take in a deep breath, the mass of steam swallowing my body.

As the water sprays down my back, I think about Harry. I wonder what tonight will be like; what he's got planned.

I hope I am fine by tonight because now I feel like just hiding in my room, in the darkness, but I can't do it. I must be strong. I actually miss Harry, and I just want to see him already.

I get out of the shower after about half an hour and just slip into my robe. My body feels so tired still. I throw myself onto the couch in the living room and turn on the television, just leaving it on the channel it is to drown out my thoughts.