Chapter 35

Rachel's POV

As I wake up in the morning, I don't even recall actually falling asleep. I was so tired, I must have dozed off immediately.

Memories start flooding through my mind of the events of last night, and I can't help the grin that creeps upon my lips. I can't believe I did that, not in a negative way obviously. I don't regret any of it, of course not. Sure I'm still shocked, but I know I definitely want to feel that way again, and I can just imagine the many more amazing feelings Harry can give me that I want to get to. Harry and I got to experience each other in a new way, and I really enjoyed it. Last night went by so quickly it seems. The biggest part, even larger than Harry and I having at it in the bedroom, was what happened in the kitchen.

Never would I have been able to even guess Harry thought about all those things. I mean, he's been thinking about marriage, and babies, and moving near his family with me? He sees so much of a future with me? All I can think is damn, I'm so lucky to have him. Am I terrified, hell yes. Maybe we will talk about it today, the whole future thing, before we go for work. Hopefully set things straight and communicate our thoughts on it. But then last night, we both said it--well, screamed it. 'I love you'.

I haven't said that, meaning it in that way, in ages.

The first time he said it to me I was too into the argument to even catch it, blindsided by what he had started. But when he began explaining how I could love him back, but I'm too afraid because of a previous experience, everything for the only time that night went in slow motion. I realized he had said it, and my mind was all over the place from him actually feeling the same way, and how right he was when he spoke about how scared I am.

I'm still nervous, not going to deny that. Literally everything he said..it was a ton to take in all at once. It's all hitting me right now.

Still in his protective arm, I turn the other way to face him, and I'm a little scared when I see him looking at me with tired eyes and the cutest grin I've ever seen.

"Morning love," he greets before yawning, rubbing his eyes.

I nuzzle myself into his arms even further, "Morning yourself."

Harry tightens his hold and kisses the top of my head. "Baby?"

"Yes?" I mumble into his warm chest.

"I know you have a lot on your mind, from last night. You want to talk about it?"

I peek up at him, as he gives me a knowing look. The two of us sit up, I wrap the sheets around me since I'm only wearing undergarments and the chill morning air is seeping through the windows. Harry takes my hand after leaning himself comfortably on the headboard.

"Okay," I sigh, "Harry, I have been thinking about everything you said last night, and all of it sort of just..hit me.."

Harry chuckles a little, and I get suspicious.

"What?"

He smiles that cheeky grin, shaking his head. "I knew as soon as everything was coming out of my mouth last night I was going to scare you, but I couldn't stop, I had to let it out. I knew, and it's okay--"

"No, Harry," I interrupt. I don't want him getting the wrong idea that I regret it, especially saying I love him. "I mean, yes, what you said was surprising, but I'm not mad or upset, nor do I regret anything." Harry nods slightly as I continue, "Last night, it was incredible. You..you were incredible. What we did, oh my gosh...I've never felt so alive."