Chapter 25

Rachel's POV

Glimpses of flashing cameras, sounds of screams, and running away play off and on in my mind.

Was that all a dream?

The chasing, fighting with Harry, falling.

Did I just have the worst nightmare of my life? Wait, I'm not dead..right?

Suddenly I hear a yell, but I can't make out the words. I think I'm coming around. My eyes open slightly and close again, trying to adjust to reality.

"No, Paul! This was out of control!" the voice from before booms again, my eyes jolting open from fright.

I grasp onto the couch I'm lying on, observing my surroundings to discover Harry and I made it to his place, but I don't know how I made it here.

I keep my position frozen on the sofa but look around and find myself alone.

Something from down the hallway falls to the floor, making a loud thump, and once again scaring the shit out of me. Did someone just throw something?

"I get that I attracted the crowd dammit! And not that I want security on me like a hawk but if you're that afraid of us getting papped, get some security or something!"

It's Harry, he must be in his room. Why is he shouting so harshly on the phone? And who is Paul?

"Fuck!" he exclaims, not as loud. "I'm hanging up. I'm done with this, I have to go and check on her."

The door of his room opens and seconds later he's out in the living room, making his way towards me. I turn my head and suddenly I hear him rush to my side.

He quickly kneels down, nothing but worry in his looks. "Rachel? Rachel are you okay? You finally woke up."

I search his eyes, not able to help the feeling of being safe once again. Harry takes my hand in his and squeezes it tight, letting me know he's here.

"I.." my voice is practically inaudible. I clear my throat. "...I think so. Um, h-how did I get here?"

Harry's mouth opens to answer, but then his expression changes. "Do, do you not remember anything?"

I shake my head. "I thought it was a dream, actually," I laugh at my own expense but stop when I realize Harry is still being serious. "Anyway, I guess I remember...well, fighting with you a-and getting chased by a mob? I fell, I think, and then it goes black for me."

He runs his other hand through his hair, our eyes never leaving each other's gazes.

"Yeah well, I um, I picked you up and we did make it here. You went unconscious in my arms. I was so worried about you," Harry explains, looking more frustrated than I've ever seen him.

I can't remember why I passed out. All that comes to mind is falling and then it's black. Why that would have happened is a mystery to me.

Harry jumps, "Oh! I left a glass of water for you in the kitchen. I forgot to bring it here, let me get it for you baby girl."

Once again he squeezes my hand, assuring me he'll return before he stands up and heads for the kitchen.

I'm not as scared right now as I should be, I think. Sure I'm a little afraid about everything that's happening, but I..I don't know. I feel I should be freaking out. Harry seems to be taking things slow, like he's afraid too. Afraid to mess things up.

I'm taken out of my thoughts when Harry returns, glass in hand. I force myself to sit up, Harry reminding me sweetly to be careful before handing me the glass. I gulp it down, fast.