Chapter 4

It is now about 20 minutes until we have to head out for the heist tonight.

We already got our bags ready and our supplies are loaded into the van, we are just waiting for Chan to give up the ok to head out.

As we were waiting in the seats by the door, Seungmin busies himself with fixing Jeongin's hat and mask.

He pulls the black hat down further, almost covering the maknae's eyes. The whole time Seungmin fusses over his clothes, Jeongin stands there and slowly fixes them so he can either see or breathe correctly.

The two had made up pretty quickly after the whole show earlier. Turns out the bump me and Chan heard was a pillow being thrown and hitting the wall. And the crash was said pillow sliding down the wall and knocking over a plastic vase of flowers.

Eventually, Chan steps out of his office.

"Ok, let's go. I checked and there are no guards up today, so we should be good to go in and out." He tells us.

We all nod and head out to the van, sitting in the same spots as we always do.

Once we arrive at the small shop, Chan turns to us.

"We're here. Before we go in, Jeongin, do you want to split up from us, or do you want to run with someone?" Chan asks.

Jeongin thinks for a second then answers brightly.

"I want to go with Jisung hyung, after my run earlier, I want to succeed in this real one." Jeongin says while looking at me and Chan.

"Ok then. Remember to keep your masks up and not to face the cameras, there's only two in there. You each have your buzzer so make sure to leave once it goes off." He reminds us.

We all nod and hop out of the car, Jeongin immediately sticking to my side.

At the back of the shop, I check the door to see if it's locked. As always, it's open and the light in the employee break room is on also.

Sneaking in, we shuffle past the break room, past the counter, and into the main part of the store.

I turn to see Jeongin's starstruck face as he sees all the jewelry in front of him. Albeit, most of the accessories are gently used, but they're all still in very good condition.

Chan sends us a small signal to go, and we all go our separate ways.

After hitting this shop so many times, we've all kind of have a designated route we go to. Chan goes to the left and zig-zags the shelfs, Seungmin stays in the middle and picks from the display cases, and I go to the right to do a half circle around the shop.

Starting my journey at the far right, I pick the lock on the case and carefully open it, making sure not to leave behind any marks on the glass.

Stepping out of the way a little, I motion for Jeongin to have the first steal. At this movement, he points to himself and whispers "me?". I nod and he displays a tiny eye smile.

After a few more minutes of gently putting the jewels in our bags, carefully locking the cases again, and shuffling along the side of the shop, I hear a small ting of metal from the ceiling.

Thinking nothing of it, I continue to help Jeongin with the gems he's getting. After a few seconds, I hear the scraping sound of a knife on glass.

Turning towards the noise, I see someone in all black clothes, a black mask and gloves, and dark brown hair.

Whoever that is isn't one of our team members because we always wear hats to cover our lighter hair colors.

The stranger takes all the jewelry they can grab, stuffs it into his large duffel bag, then walks down the side of the store right next to where me and Jeongin are.

Out of confusion and anger towards the person for barging in on our heist, I push them to get their attention.

"Hey! Who are you? Go to your own shop, we were here first!" I shout quietly. The person looks at me in the eyes and stalks closer so I can almost feel their breath through their mask.

"Get lost little boy. This location is for the big leagues." The person said. From their voice, I figured they were a dude. His voice was a little higher than my own and had a teasing sound to it.

My anger builds up from his comment. "What do you mean big leagues? This is the easiest store it hit in town!"

"And yet, I'm still surprised how you ended up in here." He shoots back at me.

In frustration, I check the walls for cameras and pull my mask down to my chin.

"Look, I don't know who you think you are, but you can't just come in here when we-!"

"Hyung, we have to go. Look!" Jeongin cuts me off and points to the front door.

There were blue and red lights flashing on the buildings a few blocks away.

Realizing we have to leave right now, I turn back to the random guy in front of me and send a piercing glare at him.

I throw my bag back on my shoulder and slightly push Jeongin in front of me.

Meeting Seungmin and Chan at the break room door, we all run out of the building into our van. Chan quickly starts the van and we speed off into the back roads of the town.

As we drive, I think back to that guy at the shop. How could he be so rude when we're in the same line of work? I hope the situation didn't ruin Jeongin's first run.

That guy's eyes had a weird glint in them, I can't place exactly what it was though. Whoever he is, I hope we never run into him ever again.

 Whoever he is, I hope we never run into him ever again

A/N

OOOOOO

Who did jisung just meet?

I don't know why I'm asking, the STAYs probably know exactly who it is.

The plot will get a little more complex now and I'm excited to write it and share with people.

Anyway, this week I present a meme from the JYP gems that is ITZY:

Luv you guys! 🖤❤🖤❤🖤