Chapter 21

Don't Answer

Hey squirrel boy

Why do you keep calling me that?

Because you're the boy that was obsessed with a squirrel plushie

I wasn't obsessed
It was just
Special

Sure
What are you doing?

Nothing

Good
Meet me at the park

What?
No
Why?

I want to see you again

You saw me yesterday
And I don't want to see you again

Why not?

Because

That's not a reason

It is to me
Bye

No
I'll see you at the park

Even if I wanted to see you I couldn't
I have other things to do today

Then what about tonight?

...

I thought so
I'll see you tonight kitten

No
Lee Know
Stop
Not tonight
Hey!
Read

Frick. Now I have to go see him. Or not. I could just not go. But then he'll be sitting at the park waiting for me. That's his problem. But I'm not that mean. No, I'm not a push over. But I can't live with the guilt knowing he was waiting for me.

AHhh! My head hurts!

WHY CAN'T I JUST SAY NO!?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The storage room.

I could probably get lost in here if I wasn't careful. And I can neither confirm nor deny that I have done that before.

I don't know why Chan wants us to clean it, it's not like we use it for anything. We barely go in here, it's just storage for things we don't ever need or use anymore.

Beside me, Seungmin and Jeongin stand with me, staring at the door that might just lead us to our collective doom. Seungmin has a broom and Jeongin has a water bucket with a sponge.

Chan comes up from behind us.

"Are you guys ready?"

"No."

"Why do we have to do this?"

"There's probably rats in there."

"Come one, it'll be fine." He says while walking ahead of us and grabbing the door knob. "We'll just take it one piece at a time."

He opens the door and immediately, stuff falls onto the floor.

Jeongin screams and jumps onto Seungmin and I run behind them to hide from the terrible things in there.

Chan looks down at the things around his feet and picks up an old bag. He looks from the bag to us and holds it out towards us.

"You guys were scared of a bag?"

"There could be something scary in the bag!" Jeongin pokes his head out from Seungmin's shoulder.

Chan shakes his head and goes to find the light switch. He perks up when he finds the switch and flips it on.