Chapter 34

Jisung's POV:
After getting home, everyone exited the car and walked inside. Chan opened the front for his members, and stayed outside to keep watch until everyone was inside.

With the door shut and firmly locked, Chan started to stomp forward ahead of us towards the back door.

He's really angry, it's my fault too.

"H-hyung, I'm sorry."

Chan turns to me with the same angered expression, but also looking a little confused.

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because of that guy-"

"It's not your fault, Jisung. He had you cornered, you weren't there willingly." Chan comes over and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Y-yeah, you're right." No he's not, I was there willingly.

"You guys go ahead and head to bed. I'm gonna stay up for a while and lock up the house." He says going back towards the back.

"Why do you have to do that?" Seungmin asks.

"Because we don't know who that guy was. He could be part of a powerful group for all I know. My first priority is my team members, and I'm going to keep you guys safe however I need to." Chan goes back before turning to me one last time.

"Jisung, you didn't happen to get his name or anything like that, did you?"

"N-no, I didn't. Why?" His name is Lee Minho.

"I'm going to tell JB about this. He'll be upset to know the security wasn't as tight as he thought it was."

With that he stormed off to the back to fully lock up the house. When he leaves, me, Seungmin, and Jeongin go up stairs for the night.

In my room, I change from the stiff suit into a loose shirt and shorts. Like a teen-aged girl would, I throw myself onto my bed and stare at the ceiling with a slight smile and daydream.

I got my first kiss. And second. And third. And fifth. We danced. He told me he liked me. Is this how a relationship starts?

After tonight, I think I like Minho too. I wouldn't have kissed him like that if I didn't. I could have ran away back into the hall at any point, but I didn't. I stayed with him. And I don't regret it.

Slightly kicking my legs out of excitement, I sit up and have another thought.

Chan wants to report this. Minho could get in trouble. Because of me.

Oh no no no. Wait, Chan doesn't know his name or anything, he has nothing but his face. Then again he was kind of far from us, maybe he doesn't remember what he looks like?

I can't get Minho in trouble, I'd never be able to see him again. What would happen to his group? He's the leader, they would be left alone.

No, he's a criminal, all we do is run from the law and those who want us. He'll be fine. I hope.

"Hyung?"

I turn to see Jeongin peeking through the door.

"What is it, Innie?"

He walks closer with his head down and sits next to me on my bed.

"I'm so sorry. I- I shouldn't have let that guy take you. I only did because you said he was your friend, but then he hurt you like that and I-"

"Woah, Jeongin, slow down. Breathe, take deep breaths." I stopped him. He must be really guilty to almost start hyperventilating, a few tears had escaped and started to slide down his face too.

I rub his arms as he calms down and evens his breathing.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Innie. I could have left him whenever I wanted to, but I didn't need to. He didn't hurt me either."

He wiped up the tears that were staining his cheeks.

"He didn't? It sounded like he did by the way Chan was talking."

"He didn't, he wouldn't do that to me. Chan .. found us in the wrong position, like you did. You took it as us knowing each other, which we do, but Chan took it the opposite way. Now I'm worried what will happen to him if Chan reports this."

"I don't think you have much to worry about, hyung. Chan doesn't really have a lot of information about that guy. He doesn't even know what group he's in."

"You're right. Thanks, Innie."

He nods and stands to go back to Seungmin's room.

"Oh, and hyung. Just know that I won't tell anyone about all this, but if I see a reason to, I will. If you trust him, I'll trust you. But if a situation happens where they should know who he is, I'm going to tell them." He says with a serious expression.

I don't respond as he says a last 'good night' and leaves, closing the door behind himself.

Jeongin might be the youngest on our team, and is still pretty child-ish, but he's smart for his age. If he told me this information, I fully believe he will go through with it if he needs to.

But why am I torn between feeling comforted that he is willing to protect me, and the fact that Minho will be exposed and 'thrown to the wolves' so easily.

A/N:
This one was kind of tragic, I wonder what's gonna happen in the next one 🤔

Christmas is on Saturday, so expect a christmas gift! Idk what it's gonna be yet, maybe a bonus chapter 😗

Anyway here is the meme:

Love you guys!🖤❤🖤❤🖤