Chapter 59

Not too long after I ended the call with Jeongin, Minho came out of his room, finished with his work.

Noticing how I found the chips, he suggested for us to relax and watch a few movies for the rest of the day. I agreed, that actually sounded really nice.

It didn't take us long to gather some blankets and snacks, what did was choosing a movie. We scrolled forever on all different platforms, until Minho dropped the remote and it clicked on a movie by itself.

As it started playing (pick any movie you want, it doesn't really matter) we settled on the couch, I wrapped myself in a blanket and curled in the corner. But Minho had other plans.

Seeing that I was planning to sit by myself, he quickly grabbed and pulled me so I was laying on his chest as he stretched across the couch. I tried to untangle myself from the blanket, but Minho lifted the sheet to take some of the warmth too.

From behind me, his arms snake around my waist to hold me closer against his chest, with basically no room in between us anymore.

I didn't try to fight or move at that point, I only moved a few times to be in a more comfortable position. Occasionally, Minho would rub my shoulder or back, just because. And a few times, I felt him kiss the top of my head, just because.

Throughout the movie, he would comment on some things he found funny, and I would laugh along too, but my mind was wandering in other places.

Since I got off the phone with Jeongin, I've been trying to take in everything and process all my feelings. Because of this, I wasn't really paying attention to the movie or what Minho was saying.

He eventually caught on that I wasn't talking as much and questioned it.

"Hey, are you ok?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"You're not really talking or anything. Is something wrong? You can sit where you wanted if that's what it is."

I shook my head and scooted to be closer to him. While doing this, I heard his breathing stop for a second, but I'm not sure why.

"No, it's not that. I like being here."

He paused for a moment, then moved his hands off from around my waist.

"Is it.. because of what I said earlier?" He asked slowly.

I quickly turned to look at his face, which had fallen from a comfy smile to almost a heartbroken expression.

"I knew that was too much of a risk."

"No! Minho, that's not it at all!" I tried to stop him from what he was thinking, while turning and holding myself up off the couch.

"Then what's the problem? Why are you being distant from me all of a sudden?" His voice had a mixture of both frustration and sadness blended in.

I can't tell him the reason now, it's not the right time. And I'm not done sorting through everything yet.

"I-it's complicated." His face falls more. "But I promise it isn't because I didn't like what you said earlier. Everything you told me was the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me."

We just stare at each other for a bit. I don't know if I convinced him, but from what I see in his eyes, probably not. Eventually he sits up and ruffles his hair a bit.

"Ok, if you say so, Jisung. Look, the movie's almost over and I need to transfer money to Bangtan for helping me out." He stands but leans over to place a kiss on my temple before muttering 'see you in a bit' and leaving to his room.

Once I hear his door close, I fall onto the couch, feeling the impact of my words now. 'It's complicated'? What was I thinking!? Now he's gonna think I don't like him anymore. Why can't I just tell him how I feel without screwing everything up!?

An unexpected yawn stops my pity party.

After the mega realization earlier, cuddling on the couch, probably ruining everything we've built in this relationship, and beating myself up now, I'm too tired to make any big moves now.

If he's gonna be in his room for a while, I'll lie down to take a quick nap. Maybe when I wake up the answer to what I should do will be a little clearer.

A/N:
Oop 🤭

Meme:

Love you guys!🖤❤🖤❤🖤❤