Chapter 56

After taking a nice long shower and freshening up, I layed down in bed to fall asleep almost immediately. I was right, this bed is really comfy.

In the cell, I was so really scared to sleep or let my guard down at all. Especially when Changwoo was there. He never did anything to me, but that's not to say he wouldn't have.

When I woke up from the first full time of sleep I've had in a couple of weeks, I got up to brush my teeth then find Minho.

As I exited my room, the smell of delicious food cooking met me around the corner to the kitchen. I don't know what was cooking but it smelled amazing.

I turned the corner to see Minho at the stove, frying something in a pan. As I walked closer, the wood under me creaked and caught his attention.

"Oh, you're finally awake."

"Finally?"

"Yeah. I knew you were tired, but a 17 hour nap is a lot." He said while poking at the food sizzling in the pan.

17 hours!?

"I was asleep for that long?"

"Yep. Let's see, we got here at around 4pm yesterday. Now it's 9am."

I sat down at one of the bar stools and took in how tired I must have been. I mean I was sleeping in jail too, but definitely not as long as I should have been.

Not too long after, Minho turned to me with two plates for us.

He placed the plate of bacon and pancakes in front of me, and I stared in awe of the delicious looking food.

I quickly said my thanks and shoved a piece of pancake into my mouth, melting at the sweet, warm flavor.

"I didn't know you were so good at cooking, Minnie."

He smiled at the nickname, as I don't use it often.

"Well, I usually make the meals for my team. It would suck if I couldn't cook wouldn't it?"

As we ate in a comfortable silence, I started going over the events of yesterday in my head. So much happened that I don't have an answer to, I need to know what the idea behind everything was.

Swallowing a piece of bacon, I sat up to talk.

"Minho, you said you would explain everything to me later, right? Well, it's later."

He smiled and finished chewing his food before sitting up too.

"I did say that, didn't I? Where do you want me to start?"

"How about after I was arrested," It feels so weird to say that. "I want to know what you guys did afterwards."

He hummed in response and shifted in his seat.

"Well, I didn't see you get taken into custody. Hyunjin dragged me away and I was too far gone to really do anything about it. Also, I found out Hyunjin knew to be at the store because he went into my phone and texted you." Oh, that's why I got a text from 'Minho' asking for the name of the store. "Anyway, I'm pretty sure your team saw you being taken, but they knew they would fail if they tried to get you from the police then and there. After your team left, I followed them to your house. I apologized for this happening-"

"I told you it wasn't your fault."

"And I told you it was. I was there and distracted you from your job then prevented you from escaping earlier."

"Whatever, then what happened?"

Minho huffed, clearly not satisfied with me disagreeing with him.

"When your leader was about to grab at me again, Jeongin stopped him. He defended me, saying that you'd be mad at your leader for hurting me."

I smile to myself knowing that Jeongin was trying to protect Minho like that for me.

"Your leader gave in and let me go, but he still threatened to kill me if I failed to save you. After that, we went home. My team tried to yell at me for being connected to another group without them knowing, but I was busy trying to plan how to save you so they just gave up.

"I knew my team wouldn't help. And your team definitely wouldn't help, besides Jeongin, and I don't even know the name of your other guy. So I called up GOT7 for help. They directed me to their most trustworthy groups, Bangtan and EXO. They gave me two of their best members to help and I started carrying out the plan.

"I had them go into the jail to find you, then 'interrogate' you. You were in there for hours on end, right?" I nodded with a slight eye roll. "Yeah, that was my intention. When I heard you were in a cell with two other guys, much bigger than you, I made sure to keep you out of there for as long as possible. I hope that was a good thing?" He said looking a little unsure.

I quickly nodded to confirm it was good, maybe too enthusiastically.

"Good, I'm glad I did that then. Anyway, yesterday before I got you, I told them to cut off the camera and give you your phone. How did they do that by the way, I didn't tell them anything specific."

"Oh, they put tape around the camera, I guess to draw my attention to it? After I kept staring at it, Mr. Kim shot it with a handgun."

Minho scoffed and looked off.

"EXO are always the extra ones. Anyway, after that I went to get you and Mr. Jeon, Jungkook from Bangtan, drove us away from the jail to 'drop off trash'. We got off there and a member from our alliance group, Ateez, gave us the cover up clothes and car keys. San, he was excited and wanted to see you, I've kind of talked about you once or twice before." Minho said while smiling and pushing his food around with his fork.

"Then I drove us here and now you're safe. We just have to stay here for a few days to be 100% clear, then I'll take you home."

I dropped my fork and walked around the kitchen island to Minho. Like yesterday, I fell into a hug, wanting to repay him for what he's done for me.

"What's this for, kitten?"

"A thank you. You've done so much for me this whole time we've known each other, and I haven't really done anything in return-"

"No, no, no, Sungie. You have done something for me. You've brought a new happiness to my life, something I look forward to feeling everytime I lay eyes on you. That's part of why I'm doing all this for you. Do you know the other reason why?" He asks while tilting his head and gently caressing my cheek. His eyes shone with admiration which I can't understand, he's just watching me breath.

I slowly shake my head 'no'.

He smiles and leans in to place a quick kiss on my lips.

"Because I love you."

A/N:
Oop 🤭

Meme: