Chapter 24

After leaving the park, I quickly stopped by GOT7's shop to see if they had anything I wanted. I really did go out today to buy stuff for my room, I just .. took a detour to the park.

When I went inside, Yugeom was leaning on the counter with his phone in hand looking bored. He said that the rest of the group told him to stay there and tell anyone who didn't read the sign on the door that the shop was closed until after the gathering. I apologized and left, spotting the sign on the way out.

Now I'm walking up to the door of the house. From what I remember, everyone had something to do today, so they shouldn't really notice me being gone.

Once I'm inside, I slowly close the door and take my shoes off. I carefully step towards the stairs so I could go to my room. Right as I walk past the living room, I see Jeongin watching the TV with eyes the size of dinner plates.

I reach the stairs and hear Jeongin singing along with the song from the TV.

"Baby fox, boop boop boop boop boop boop boop. Baby fox, boop boop boop boop boop boop boop."

I hurry into my room and gently close the door to not make any noise. I guess I should pretend that I was fixing up my room since that's 'why I went out' today.

I quickly change into more comfortable clothes and hang up the jacket I was wearing. When I turn to go sit down in bed, I hear a bag fall onto the ground behind me.

I turn back to see my half empty bag of chips from the park. I sigh and pick up the bag to toss it in the trash.

I'm really making a big mistake by being friends with this guy, right? After hanging out with him for a few weeks, we both became friends and I actually trust him. Admittedly, I also miss him when I don't hear from him after some time. Even though I know I shouldn't.

Unless him talking to me was a way to distract me from something, I don't see how he could try to get to my team. They are my family and top priority, I have to keep them safe. Lee Know and I's conversations were always about our personal interests and experiences, not our jobs and alliances.

I don't know what to think anymore. This whole thing was probably a bad idea from the start.

As I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling, someone knocks on the door and comes in.

"Jisung?"

"Hi, hyung." I say while sitting up.

Chan walks over and sit on the edge of the bed next to me.

"How's the room coming? I don't see anything different."

"Oh w-well, I went to GOT7's shop but they're closed until the party." I say and he nods.

"Ahh. Why were you gone for so long though, their shop isn't too far from here."

Ummm.

"I-I took a detour for a few streets. We don't really get to go out much so I wanted some fresh air for a bit." I say quickly.

Chan nods, he seems to believe the lie.

"Ok, well, we'll have to go to the shop after the party to see if they have anything. I was about to make dinner for us, then we need to prepare for tomorrow." He says while standing.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we're supposed to be at the warehouse tomorrow."

I face palm and he smiles a bit.

"Come down whenever you want, dinner shouldn't take too long to make."

He leaves and closes the door while I throw myself back on my bed.

We're going to the warehouse tomorrow? Already? I didn't realize.

Would he be there during- No. He was probably bluffing. It would be too huge of a risk for him to show up with us there.

Right?

A/N:
And so it begins.... next week.

I have some semi-exciting news. I'm moving my stuff to AO3! Everything will still be here, but I'm posting everything there too. So if you prefer AO3, my stories will be there soon. It's gonna take me a bit to transfer everything completely, but I should be done before the end of the year.

So, here's the meme:

Love you guys!❤🖤❤🖤❤