Chapter 39 ☕📖

The first heist of the week was at a bigger coat and jacket store. With winter coming, Chan decided it's better to try to keep everyone warm first.

We had already left the house, this time Jeongin was less excited for the heist, but he was willing to do it for the people.

Earlier I texted Minho to tell him where we're going, to which he agreed to join quickly. I'm normally working in the back of whatever place we go to, so we shouldn't have problems with him being spotted.

As we pull up to the store, Chan turns to us for last minute notes.

"Make sure to grab the sizes you were assigned. Jeongin, you'll be sticking with me for tonight's run, ok? Try to get what you can so we can be done here in about 30 to 45 minutes guys."

We all nod and hop out of the van to head to the back door. Chan and Jeongin go first, then Seungmin, then me. Before I close the door, I look around to see if Minho was around, only to see no one yet.

I guess he'll come in when he's here.

*~*~*~*~*~*

10 minutes into this heist, Minho still hasn't shown up. He said he was going to come around this time. Maybe he got caught up in something with his team? He is a leader after all.

At this point I have one of my three bags full of small sized winter coats, and I'm almost ready to start filling up the third one. I move from one rack to the next, quickly taking whatever coat is in front of me first.

From behind me, I hear a few steps on the floor, followed by the sound of the coat hangers moving.

I turn to look in the direction of the noise, to find nothing. Maybe a draft moved the hangers or something?

I continue to stuff my third bag when lights of the back half of the store start to flicker.

Only some of the lights were left on when we came in, mainly just the ones where I am. So when the lights go out, it's really dark in the store.

As I look up at the lights, they stop flickering and a cool breeze brushes past me. I am wearing a black jacket, but the wind reaches my face and exposed neck.

I shutter and look towards where the wind came from. Everything goes quiet for a second, nothing moves and everything is quiet. Which is weird, because normally if I focus I can hear Chan and Seungmin at least a little on the other end of the store.

After a while, the lights flicker a couple of times, and go off completely. They don't turn back on, they stay off.

I frantically look around, trying to spot where the light switch might be. We've been to this store a few times, but the lights are usually on for us. I don't really like working in the complete dark either.

I walk ahead and bump into the coat racks a few times, when a light shines onto the floor in front of me.

I barely move to turn around when a black figure moves in the middle of the light. The silhouette stands still for a little, just in the center of the door-frame shaped light.

I know for a fact the back storage room is behind me, that's where the light is coming from.

Not too long after it appeared, the silhouette moves and grows bigger in front of me. The shadow stretches into a distorted black figure spanning from my feet to the top of the wall in front of me. The sheer height and wing-span of the figure makes me want to faint where I stand.

The light fueling the figure flickers, causing me to go into fight or flight mode. I choose flight as I turn and run as fast as I can. I can't get very far as I immediately run into something solid.

I catch myself and place my hands against the surface to push it away, only to be pulled against the surface by two strong forces.

I keep struggling to move when a quiet and comforting voice comes from above me.

"Jisung. Jisung! Calm down. It's ok. I'm here."

I look up to see Minho looking down at me. Him being here is enough to make a couple of tears fall onto my cheeks. He looks a little surprised, or amused. I don't really care what expression he has on, I just care that he's here now.

I don't say anything else as I bury my face into his chest and hug him as tight as I can. I can hear him chuckle and wrap his arms around me too.

"Did you miss me that much?"

"I-I was so s-scared." I choke out.

He chuckles a bit again and leans onto my head, placing a few kisses here and there. Meanwhile he rubs my back up and down to help me calm down more.

Once my breathing is evened out, he backs up and holds me by my shoulders in front of him. He bends down a little to be level with me and caresses the side of my face after wiping the few tears on my face.

"It's ok, kitten, I'm here. What was so scary anyway?"

"T-the lights, and footsteps. And then the huge shadow on the wall." I say while trying not to freak out again.

Minho laughs in my face.

"W-what!? Why are you laughing?"

"Don't be mad at me, babe. But all that was me. I saw you concentrating on your work and wanted to get your attention somehow. But instead I got another reaction."

He-

I push myself from his grip and stand taller to be on his level.

"Why would you- How- Ahh! Go away! You're mean!" I whisper yell, we're still in a store.

As I angrily go back to the coat racks, he stays behind me and laughs at my outburst.

A/N:
This one and the next one are kind of like oneshots for the story, they dont really do much other than progress their relationship.

But god were these fun to write!

As a fair warning, I tries to push myself out of my comfort zone for the next one.

Here is your meme:

Give me a bit for the next part.

Love you guys!❤🖤❤🖤❤🖤❤