Chapter 64

Last night was a great night of sleep, but now I have to deal with real world problems.

Me and Minho had already woken up and started gathering our stuff at the front door of the house so we could load it all into the car. Yesterday and this morning I was slow to pack on purpose because I really didn't want to leave so soon.

But I understand why we need to leave as soon as possible.

It's currently about 3 in the morning, and it will take an hour or so to get to the house. I called Chan last night to tell him our plan and when about to expect us, assuming everything goes smoothly.

As I place my last bag by the door, Minho comes around the corner with his bags in hand. He looks up to me and smiles a little.

"Are you ready?"

"No, but I wouldn't mind seeing my team again. I miss them." The feeling of missing my family hit me in the middle of the night. I guess I was busy dealing with other feelings to notice the negative ones.

"It'll be ok, baby. I told you we will find a way to stay together. I just finally got you, I'm not going to lose you that quickly." He says while moving to the car.

I smiled a little when he looked and passed by me, but it faltered when I reach down for my own bags. Slowly I follow his movements and walk towards the car trunk to store my bags.

With everything put away, Minho closes the trunk and softly claps his hands together.

"Ok, I just have to lock up the house. If you want you can wait in the car, the heater's on, it's kind of cold out here. I'll only be a minute." He says walking back into the house.

I don't respond and climb into the passenger side of the car, slightly melting at the warmth of the seat heaters. I hope the people in the alleys are ok during this weather. Especially that lady and her two kids. Chan and the boys probably continued the warehouse days without me.

Too soon, Minho came back to the car and climbed in, rubbing his hands together to try to create some kind of warmth for them.

We warm up for a little longer. Once we are able to comfortably sit back in our seats without the leather being too cold, Minho backs out of the driveway and drives down the long road to start our ride.

I stare out of my window while the music soft plays in the background. Trees and the occasional building pass us until I see a small town a good distance away from us.

Eventually Minho has enough of the silence.

"What's the problem, Sungie? You haven't spoken this whole time." He stole a few glaces away from the road.

I sit straight in my seat and look in between him and the windshield.

"It's the same thing as before. Well, that and one more thing now."

Minho shifts, letting me know he's listening.

"I know you said you would try to keep us together, not that I think we can't make this work. But, are you sure our teams won't have more of an effect than we think?" I ask. We had considered this before, but the thought of his team members, who I've never met before, and Chan made me question things.

"What do you mean?"

I hesitate. "Well, I was just thinking about the clothing store, before I was arrested. When the alarm went off and the police were already on their way, you and Chan were fighting over me. And.. that was the first time I saw you cry."

Minho grips the steering wheel a little tighter, and looks straight ahead at the road.

"I thought you forgot about that." He says quietly.

"How could I? I'm still thinking about it. Why were you crying?"

He doesn't speak right away, not really wanting to talk about that time. But if he truly didn't want to discuss it he would say so.

"At the party, when your team leader saw us together for the first time, I let you go so easily because I saw and heard the way he reacted. He was so worried about you and was serious with his threat, that was proven more when I saw him again at the clothing store.

"His seriousness to keep you safe when it came to threatening me was intimidating, scary even. I knew as a leader he would do anything to protect you, especially since he saved you all those years ago. Because of that, I was worried he might actually try to kill me, which would be bad for two equally terrible reasons.

"One, my team wouldn't have a leader. They can fend for themselves, but I take most of the responsibilities onto myself. They would probably be lost without me. And they basically are like my only family that I really have." Minho pauses and barely looks over to me before speaking again.

"And two, I wouldn't be able to see you ever again, I would be dead."

I smile and blush a little. "Minnie-"

"It's true. You don't know how important you are to me, Jisung. When I saw you for the first time, I knew you were someone I needed to keep in my life. So, Chan pulling you away from me in the store, kind of felt like him taking you away forever." His eyes never left the road to look at me.

I didn't know Minho felt like this. No wonder he was acting the way he was in the store.

Minho sits up straight and glances at me with a brighter look on his face.

"But, I think it'll be fine. I got you out like I said I would, so he shouldn't kill me." He said that almost too brightly considering he was talking about Chan murdering him.

I try to fix myself after the small low point in the atmosphere, but end up just slouching against the window again.

"Well, we're gonna have to think about what we'll do when we get back. I couldn't ask you to be my boyfriend while we were in the park so I've been holding back some date ideas."

"Really?"

"Mhm. I'm gonna spoil you when we get back home, just like you deserve."

A/N:
😏 I'm not planning anything

Meme:

Love you guys!❤🖤❤🖤❤🖤❤