Epilogue

Jisung's POV:
5 Years Later:
"Of course, ma'am. How about I personally make you a package of winter gear?"

"Oh my, what a nice young man. I really appreciate everything you and this group does for people in need." She says, her tired eyes turning up into a smile.

"Of course, that's all we want, to help everyone we can. Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

"You can come home with me. I could use a handsome young man to lighten the drab living spaces in the middle of town."

I smile and push out a laugh.

"That's not the first time someone's asked me that. I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm afraid my boyfriend wouldn't like that."

She fakes an angry face which melts into a more pleasant smile.

"Well, I hope your boyfriend knows just how lucky he is to have such a kind and handsome boy as his own."

"He does. And he won't forget that for a second." I hear from behind me along with a hand snaking over my shoulder.

I turn to see Minho staring fondly at me, his arm draped over my shoulder.

"Oh, you must be him. What a handsome couple, reminds me of my younger years in high school. Come then, how long have you been together?" She sighs, briefly going back to her fond teen memories.

"We've been together for a little over 5 years now." I answer.

Minho nudges my side. "5 blissful years." I smile and look down shyly.

The lady furrows her brow and steps back.

"5 years and you haven't put a ring on it? What are you waiting for? You won't stay young forever, I mean look at me." She says while pointing towards the forming wrinkles on her face.

I move to speak, but Minho beats me to it.

"And you age beautifully ma'am. But you don't need to worry, we're just taking things one step at a time." He says while looking at me.

I return a confused look at his urgency to answer the question.

The lady smiles contently and says goodbye for the day. After the last few people leave the hall, we start cleaning up and heading back home. On the drive home, I turn to Minho.

"Minho, why did you answer that lady's question the way you did?"

He spares a look to me but keeps his eyes on the road.

"Did I say something wrong?"

"N-no, but I just found it odd. We haven't talked about that stuff yet." I say, staring down into my lap.

He glaces at me again. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"You didn't."

"Then what's going through your mind?"

I pause. "It's just... new thoughts. But I'm not scared about it."

Minho glaces at me with a slight smile and turns back to the road.

"Well, I hope you're hungry. I told Chan we're going out for a date night since we haven't had time for ourselves recently."

I smile and agree, a date night sounds amazing.

As Minho drives to our first location, I think about everything that has brought me to this point in time.

After Minho came to our house and everything was properly settled, we worked on making our relationship stronger. There were times when we wanted some alone time, just to be together or away from the stress of work, so we packed and took a few days to ourselves at the safe house.